+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Knee Arthroscopy!!!! Arggghhhh!!  (Read 9616 times)

Gav

• Preston, Lancashire, England
Knee Arthroscopy!!!! Arggghhhh!!
« on: June 03, 2010, 06:56:20 AM »
Damaged my knee fellwalking in the English Lake Ditrict in April walking on a path!!

It is the same leg as my operated one. Surgeon hinted to me that the knee is showing signs of weakness due to onset of arthritis!!

I'm gutted, I'm only 43 years old.

Has anyone else had any knee problems in addition to hip?

What does arthroscopy involve?
4th September 2009, Mr McLauchlan, Preston

DePuy ASR  Right Hip-

No worries now!!!!!!!!!!!

Lopsided

Re: Knee Arthroscopy!!!! Arggghhhh!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 07:35:38 AM »
Gav I am sorry about your knee.

My knees are alright, but I too was gutted when I was told that two disks in my back were compressed and fusing, and more gutted when I found I had OA in my hips, and more still when I found I had three compressed disks in my neck growing bone spurs. It all seemed to start when I turned forty. But really I am lucky. I have had friends and family suffer and die of cancer.

It is not pleasant having arthritis, but you can live with it and it can be treated. Although some people seem to have hip resurfacing and then return to extreme sports, I am sure most people on this forum might also have to cope with other pains.

Dan

Proud To Be Dr. De Smet's First Uncemented Conserve Plus, Left, August 2010

Gav

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 11:21:37 AM »
I have given up running, and just use the crosstrainer and stepper in the gym and play golf.

I'm so depressed to damage my knee whilst walking down a path, near the end of a 12 mile hike.

Hopefully it will be better after my op which is 2nd July. I'll let everyone know re proceedure in case anyone else might meet it in future.

Still at least my surgeon loves me!!!!

DePuy ASR  Right Hip-

doris

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 11:14:12 AM »
I had 2 arthroscopic surgeries on my knees - R = 2002 and L = 2006.  The L knee cartilage tore as a reult of my limping severely due to my hip pain. Anyway - the surgery was not bad at all - I was much more mobile earlier than with my resurfacing.  Therapy was hard, though as my muscles had to strengthen - but all in all it was such a relief to finally be out of pain that the healing pain was not that bad for me.
RBHR 04/12/10 - Dr. Peter Brooks, Cleveland Clinic

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 11:29:43 AM »
Gav

I am sorry to hear about your knee problem.  I hope your scope will help.  At least you have one good hip  LOL   I guess we all think when we get our hip/s fixed, we will be back to normal and active as when we were younger.  We forget that if it is arthritis that caused our hip problems it will show up in other parts of our bodies.  Also having a bad hip puts more load on our knees and backs.

Please keep us updated after your arthroscopy. We want to know how you are doing.  It always helps to learn as much as we can since I am sure others will have similar problems.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

gazza

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 04:43:58 PM »
Hi Gav
I have been having knee problems for about the last 27 years. I have been to see my GP every couple of years since I was about 20 years old (now 47) and have been fobbed off for most of this time. I finally got to see a consultant about 2 1/2 years ago. I was told my cartlidge was probably torn in my left knee and I seemed to have limited movement in my left hip. I had the arthroscopy on my knee about 2 years ago (cartlidge ok but arthitis in knee). Op was no problem at all, I was out cycling after only a couple of days and after being flushed out knee still feels great. I also had Arthitis in left hip, which I had resurefaced at Derby Royal Hospital last November (09). Hip is great left knee is still pretty good.  In short arthroscopy is nothing to worry about at all, and the flush out they do at same time will probably help too.
Gaz
LBHR 03 Nov 2009 Mr T.M. Abuzakuk  Derby, England

larry2458

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 07:33:54 AM »
I have given up running, and just use the crosstrainer and stepper in the gym and play golf.

I'm so depressed to damage my knee whilst walking down a path, near the end of a 12 mile hike.

Hopefully it will be better after my op which is 2nd July. I'll let everyone know re proceedure in case anyone else might meet it in future.

Still at least my surgeon loves me!!!!
sorry to hear that gav.on top of blackpool getting promoted you must be gutted.
i had x-rays this year on my non-operated hip which has oseophytes on it and arthritis in both knees.touch wood........the knees don't bother me much but 2 months ago i fell off my mountain bike (again) and broke 2 ribs, which does.
still, my ribs hurt so much i forgot about my surface hip.
good luck anyway gav
larry
lbmh 16th october 2008

Gav

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 10:55:43 AM »
Thanks Larry.

You are right I was mortified when the donkey lashers got promoted. It made me feel quite sick at the time. Still, all being well the takeover will run smoothly, and we will rebuild and move on under Fergie jnr when we become debt free again. It's a bit ironic really. Our benefactor has just sold Blackpool Tower and The Winter Gardens to Blackpool Borough Council for £40M or so!! Expect a lot of personnel changes on the playing staff in the next few weeks.

Knee seems to be a bit better since I have given up running. I am having arthroscopy 2nd July. Hopefully I'll not be out of commission for too long.

Hope you are keeping well.

Regards

Gavin
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:58:30 AM by Gav »

DePuy ASR  Right Hip-

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster