+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Leading surgeon  (Read 2617 times)

Shannon

Leading surgeon
« on: June 28, 2010, 12:20:12 PM »
So who is considered the leading/best surgeon for hip resurfacing these days? Thanks for the help.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Leading surgeon
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 02:16:28 PM »
THose on my list that have done thousands.  They are at the top  http://www.surfacehippy.info/listofdoctors.php    Dr. De Smet, Mr. McMinn, Dr. Su, Dr. Bose, Dr. Gross etc.  It hasn't changed for years.  They were the most expeirnced early on and are now.  Those that have done over 500 are better than those than are under that amount.  In my opinon, I would choose no one less than those that have done several thousand.  We are learning more everyday and it is that expiernce that allows them to place the components correctly.  Read the stories about the revisions and problems.  By far, most are from the inexpiernced surgeons.  Don't take a chance and be a statistic - stick with the top surgeons.  The current stat is a 96% retention rate.  Someone has to be the 4 out of 100 with problems - don't let it be use.  Use the most experinced surgeons even if it means you have to travel.  Revisions and post op problems are not fun.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

jimsecreto

Re: Leading surgeon
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 08:44:31 PM »
I'm the biggest fan of Dr. Su - 8 Days Post op!!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat