+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Welcome to Hip Talk  (Read 30433 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Welcome to Hip Talk
« on: May 11, 2007, 04:17:30 PM »
Hip Talk is a place for people to post questions about hip replacement.  If you are just learning about all of the options available, perhaps we can point you to information to help you decide what might be best for you.  If you are recovering from hip surgery and have questions, we will try to give you suggestions to find answers to your inquiries.  If you are post op and just need someone to talk with, we will try to help you over the often difficult time of readjustment to a new life style with a new hip.

No one on this board is a doctor or medically trained.  Therefore, we can't solve your medical problems - we can only share our experiences and information that is available.

Patricia Walter is the owner of this Discussion Group and is a great believer in Hip Resurfacing if it is a good option for a patient. It is bone conserving and allows you to return to any activities you might have enjoyed before your hip problems.

I hope that this group will give people information and support. Emotional support is great medicine for many people and it doesn't cost a cent.  Just people caring about one another and their hips.

I have participated on other Discussion Groups and often find people being very rude to each other.  I think we can all have different opinions and express them - as long as we are kind and polite to each other.  I know there are people very dedicated to Hip Resurfacing and feel it is the best option while others will disagree.

Hip surgery is a personal decision and people on this board will, as Dr. Phil says, "Agree to Disagree."  I will monitor the board and will not allow rude and crude comments.  Everyone is trying to find a solution to their hip problem and are looking for information presented in a kind manner.

Kindness will be the rule of the Discussion Group.  Please speak to others as you want to be spoken to yourself.

I welcome each new member to this board and hope that you can find help for yourself or help others.

Patricia Walter
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 05:16:28 PM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM