+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: How Long Till You Could Cut Your Own Toenails ?  (Read 61683 times)

Jaks111

Re: How Long Till You Could Cut Your Own Toenails ?
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2013, 07:41:17 PM »
I have not had my op done I have not been able to cut my toe nails for about 2 years, my excuse to have a pedicure I'm glad it's summer nearly so I don't have to struggle putting a sock on.

mslendzion

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2013, 07:49:05 PM »
It took me over 6 months and I'm still hard pressed to paint my toenails ... I can get the job done but it's not real pretty.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

oldsoccerplayer

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2013, 06:45:31 PM »
This is very similar to my posting entitled "Impatient" about how long before I can put my own shoes & socks on. I like how this is phrased here.
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

Jason0411

• Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2013, 05:25:39 AM »
I never got anyone to cut my toenails so it must have been fairly soon. I remember strtuggling to put my socks on and inventing new techniques of doing that but have no recollection of cutting my toenails.
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

Miguelito

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2013, 08:01:40 AM »
Can't remember, but like someone else mentioned, I never had to have someone else do it. Was tough though.

Someone mentioned socks. I can remember (maybe in the first week post-surgery) struggling for literally a half hour to get a sock on. That had to have been one of the truly hardest things.
RHR April 2012.
LHR March 2014.

Both Biomet Magnum/Recap 54/48, by Dr. Thomas Gross.

hernanu

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2013, 08:14:39 AM »
For the socks, I used my hospital care package issued "Sock Putter Onner" ( trademark Hern), and found that to be very useful.

Especially since I used the TEDs socks which are a royal bear to put on. With this gadget, it was fairly easy to put even those stretch socks on.

It was exactly like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/SOCK-AID-WITH-FOAM-GRIP/dp/B000SOJM84/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1377000646&sr=1-3&keywords=sock+assist+device

You simply slip the (fashionably proper selection of) sock over one end of the device, slip your target foot in, grasp by the handles, pull on them and slide the sock comfortably over the foot.

Eventually it is done with such Elan that people will think you were born to it.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Arrojo

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2013, 12:04:35 PM »
About 3 or 4 weeks.  My wife was quite relieved that she did not have to do it. :)
Dr. Su
RBHR 4/9/12

oldsoccerplayer

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2013, 04:00:34 PM »
I was told not to cross my legs or bend more than 90' for the first 6 weeks. If you can clip your toenails without doing either of those you must have very long arms  :D
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

Jason0411

• Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2013, 04:58:06 AM »
I have arms like and Orang u tang so maybe thats why nobody had to cut mine.
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

gregorykent

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2015, 01:28:39 AM »
2 weeks--I regained external rotation quickly and simply placed my foot across the other knee while sitting.

Shiggy

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2017, 11:51:04 AM »
Not sure if these questions/polls are being maintained or even looked at given the last date/timestamps on them.  At any rate I will reply nonetheless...

Clipping toenails as well as putting on socks and tying shoes have been questions in my mind, also.  I am only 8 days post-op with 6 weeks of restrictions so it will be at least that long before I can even try.

I will be very impressed if someone has the flexibility (and courage to admit) they "clip" their toenails using their teeth.  :D

Derek
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:51:37 AM by Shiggy »

blinky

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2017, 11:17:40 PM »
And post pictures of it!

I could reach my feet for shoes and toenail clipping at six weeks. Didn't use my teeth.

catfriend

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2017, 12:52:16 PM »
I discovered the wonderful world of pedicures as my hips deteriorated. For $ 20 (now $ 22) I can have my feet soaked, sugared, massaged, hot stoned, toenails cut and filed, finished with the polish color of my choice. I've never cut them since. I can reach them to cut them, but I just don't bother, so I didn't pay attention to this milestone. I see men getting pedicures these days, too, but typically without the color finish.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat