+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Quad Pain/2 years post op when exercise. Scar tissue?  (Read 2030 times)

katk

Quad Pain/2 years post op when exercise. Scar tissue?
« on: September 28, 2010, 09:09:44 PM »
Hello,

I had a left BHR two years ago. I am pain free and happy UNTIL I attempt to exercise. After a couple of weeks weight training, stretching and very slow jogging or swimming, I ALWAYS start experiencing pain in my quad muscle and toward the inner part of the lower to mid thigh.  Basically, it doesn't matter what type of exercise I chose, I develop pain in that area.  I have been very careful and patient but I used to be a triathlete and I really miss exercising:(

My question:

Is it possible that the pain could be due to scar tissue that may have developed and needs to be broken down? 

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

littleb

Re: Quad Pain/2 years post op when exercise. Scar tissue?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 06:19:42 PM »
Did you keep up with muscle work between post surgery and now? Could just be muscles not at optimum and you're now asking them to do a lot more.
RBHR
Dr. Su
8/19/10

sroberts

• rbhr Dr Rogerson 6/26/08
Re: Quad Pain/2 years post op when exercise. Scar tissue?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 06:53:44 PM »
Pain while exercising 2 years out doesn't sound right. Have you gone thru any PT lately or had any therapy?
ART- active release therapy? I would also suggest getting xrays and evaluated by a top surgeon for angle placement of the acetabulum. PM me if you would like to discuss further.

take care,

spencer

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM