+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: BHR Anxiety!  (Read 3754 times)

Badwolf

BHR Anxiety!
« on: October 06, 2010, 03:26:38 PM »
Heading in next week, Dr Van Flandern Super anxious, Excited, Scared, but ready for Blastoff, been carrying this thing around for years, now it's time it carries me!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 03:28:26 PM by Badwolf »

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: BHR Anxiety!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 07:44:16 PM »
Good Luck.  HOpe you have a quick recovery.  Looking forward to reading your post op posts.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

stevejco

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 09:07:29 PM »
I feel the same way and I'm 2 months away from bi-lateral BHR's. I'll probally be a wreck the week before. lol  Keep a positive attitude and all will be well. Please keep us posted. Have a speedy recovery!

Steve

bothdone

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 05:25:16 AM »
Heading in next week, Dr Van Flandern Super anxious, Excited, Scared, but ready for Blastoff, been carrying this thing around for years, now it's time it carries me!

What I did was to think about the alternative - carrying on with intense pain, lack of sleep, limping everywhere, surviving on naproxen/naprosyn.  When I went in for the op all anxiety went.   It needed to be done, let's get on with it.  Second op was easier.

Very best wishes to you and Steve.

Ed
LBHR 25 May 2004
RBHR 19 March 2008

littleb

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 11:34:43 AM »
I think we all go through the anxiety. It is major surgery after all and many of us won't know till we wake up if the resurfacing was possible or if a THR was needed. Know it's normal and don't let it get away from you and you will be fine. My experience - waking to find that though I had surgical pain, my hip joint didn't hurt at all anymore. Amazing!
RBHR
Dr. Su
8/19/10

gary2010

• finsbury adept L 10/7/10, R 15/11/18 Jeremy Latham
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 12:44:06 PM »
I am just short of 4 weeks post op; yesterday I walked approx 5 miles in total and didn't feel the need to take anything afterwards. I reflected that had I done this the week before surgery I would have felt miserable. The first measurable positive result.

Kennesaw-Jac

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 04:54:09 PM »
I too go for BHR on right hip week after next.  I have read all the good stuff and feel good about by decision, but I also feel the anxiety trying to build.  I try and stay focused on everything, but the event.  I'm healthy, happy and looking forward to getting back to 100%.

Jimmiller`

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 01:36:18 PM »
Howdo folks. I'm scheduled for BHR Tuesday morning (10/12) myself.  I'm ready to get this done and get on with my life.  Five yrs and 2500 miles of running in pain has taken any anxiety out of this event.  I'll be praying for successful surgeries and good recoveries for all.  God bless!!!

Jim

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 02:39:34 PM »
I want to wish the new folks - Good Luck with your upcoming surgeries.  We will keep you in our thoughts.  I look forward to hearing your stories after your surgeries.

Pat
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Tarhoo2

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 07:25:45 PM »
For the new folks facing upcoming surgeries, I'll add that I had BHR's done in 12/07 (left) and 4/08 (right). I was at the point prior to the first that I knew I couldn't go on relying on NSAID's, as they were providing less and less -- ultimately very little, if any -- relief. I was very anxious about the first. Felt better in recovery than I had for years and actually looked forward to the second surgery. 2-1/2 years later I am doing pretty much whatever I want -- walking alot, running some, and playing golf -- without pain. I wish all of you the best and encourage you to walk, walk, walk and ice/elevate, ice/elavate, ice/elevate after your surgeries.

Badwolf

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 01:25:07 PM »
Feeling Better since from everyones advice!, I am looking forward to the end results, will keep you posted and I'm ready to Rock on! Here we Go!

jgenese

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 03:44:28 PM »
Went for my pre-admission testing and attended the class at South County Hospital to let me know what to expect after the surgery with Dr. Marchand
Left BHR is next Friday (10/22). I'm at the point where I'm sick of the pain and just want to move on with my life.
I'm sure everyone getting ready for their surgery is feeling the same way. It really helps to read the posts on this forum to help with the anxiety. It's good to know we're all in this together.
Big Thanks to Pat Walter!

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 11:06:33 AM »
Hi jgenese

Good Luck with your upcoming surgery.  I am sure everything will go we4ll for you.  You will be glad to get out of pain and move on with your life.

I look forward to reading your posts after your surgery.

Pat
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

moe

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 04:51:17 PM »
You'll be fine J. Dr Marchand's team is awesome. You will be moving on in your life very soon. moe
Bi-lateral, BHR, Dr Marchand. 7-13-09

Badwolf

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 05:48:48 AM »
Thanks for all the good wishes it's day 3 and am doing great,going home today Dr. Van flandern at new England baptist was amazing, I am so excited to get back to the things I enjoyed years ago, so glad I found this Awsome site!

Luann

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 12:58:14 PM »
Hey Badwolf!
 So glad you're on your way! I'm 5+ months our and doing awesome! Good luck and keep us informed!  Lu
F age 45 right hip C+ Dr.Sparling 6/02/10

ReneeP

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 11:09:56 PM »
I've got 16 days to go until my BHR...I'm nervous but SO looking forward to being pain free!  I'll be very happy to be on the other side.

Renee
Renee

Right BHR 11/8/10
revised to THR 12/13/10
Dr. John Keggi

23109VC

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 10:27:46 AM »
my surgery will likely be in the early part of 2011...  and I'm already nervous...  I'm still doctor shopping...  but I know I'm doing it. 

You know you are ready for surgery, when despite watching the video of a hip resurfacing surgery - you are ready to go in and get it done.  Kind of like when my wife had our first child, and the anesthesiologist came in, and even though she saw how BIG and THICK the epidural needle was, she *gladly* turned arouind to let him stick it in her back...  I was right there, saw that needle, and thought, if she is happy to get that needle, this must HURT...  :)  I'm at that point.. scared of the surgery..but the pain and limitations it has taken on my life need to be dealt with..

Good luck to everyone.

Like others have said - reading these posts is helpful.  It's nice to know I'm not alone in the apprehension.  It's also great to read about all the post - op people saying such positive things about being pain free..   can't wait!

Sean
Dr. Gross- Left Hip - 2/23/11, Right Hip 7/19/23

stevejco

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 07:24:44 PM »
hi Jgenese,

I will be seeing Dr. Marchand soon as well.  Please keep me posted on your experience and recovery with Dr. Marchand's team. I'm sure all will turn out well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Steve

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal