+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: keep it in perspective.  (Read 1203 times)

pc

keep it in perspective.
« on: October 13, 2010, 07:07:18 PM »
I am 5 weeks post op LBHR and enjoying the recovery process. Progress needs to be kept in perspective! As I was walking today (total of 6 miles in 1:45hr)
my mind wondered to a time not too long ago (in the past decade) I would cover 14 miles running in the same amount of time. But wait a minute, not too long ago (within the past year) I could not even walk a mile, let alone 6 miles in any amount of time. All of a sudden the six miles seemed pretty impressive. Just keep it in perspective!!  Rick

TAJ

Re: keep it in perspective.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »
Good points on the perspective.  You're much better now than the past year and will hopefully get back to those sub 8 min miles soon.  That's my goal too.

When you say you are walking 6 miles today, is that completely unaided and without limp, or are you still using a crutch or cane to help? 

I am 3-1/2 weeks out and  just today with Physical Therapy did stairs and treadmill unassisted (first time without using a crutch), and feel stronger every day.  Hoping to drop the  crutch and walk limp free by 5 weeks.

pc

Re: keep it in perspective.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 09:47:24 PM »
taj i always carry a aid in the event that i become tired and start to limp. i usually use a treking pole for the first quarter mile while i get loose. after the first quarter, i increase my speed and go without the pole. my gait is about 98% there for the most part. the longer i go the better i walk. if i walk with someone i always have them check, every so often, from the front and back to make sure that i am centered. i really am enjoying my walks, but my dogs think they have died and gone to heaven. best of luck! rick

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear