+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone get a cold or flu right after resurfacing?  (Read 1920 times)

littleb

Anyone get a cold or flu right after resurfacing?
« on: October 13, 2010, 11:55:41 PM »
I'm at 8 weeks and things have been going pretty well. I caught my boyfriend's cold about 1 1/2 weeks ago and the stubborn thing doesn't want to go away. I had all the joint aches etc expected but now I'm getting muscle pain in my thigh on the surgical side and deeply along my scar. no fever. It hurts bad enough that I took a pain pill. Anyone else get sick this soon after resurfacing and have anything like this? PT has been working on scar tissue but this seems to hurt more than it should. I am going to call Dr. Su in the morning if it doesn't get any better by then. I'm starting to have worried thoughts.
RBHR
Dr. Su
8/19/10

littleb

Re: Anyone get a cold or flu right after resurfacing?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 06:17:06 PM »
Well, it seems PT is the culprit. Felt much better this morning but will have to go see my regular doctor as this cold is taking way too long to go away. Had PT today. We kept all the new things but cut way down on the scar work to hopefully avoid another night like last night.
RBHR
Dr. Su
8/19/10

toby

Re: Anyone get a cold or flu right after resurfacing?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 07:41:14 AM »
Littleb,
About 6 months after my HR I caught the FLU (in cap's cos it wasn't a cold I mean FLU) and I ached for about a 10 days from head to toe. I really felt pain in hip etc, I was totally unable to do any exercise and quite naturally I was worried. Took about 3 weeks to fully recover. However, of course everything was just fine in the hip. So I'm pretty sure your understandable concerns are absolutely nothing to worry about. The only thing I would say is that if you feel unwell/have a virus (can onset post viral syndromes-happened to me as a marathon runner) give yourself a break from pt and make up for it when your'e in full health.
BW
Toby
LHR Adept-Prof Cobb-30-1-10

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat