+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: places to stay when traveling to NY for surgery  (Read 3671 times)

Merkley5

places to stay when traveling to NY for surgery
« on: October 30, 2010, 11:51:07 PM »
Hi Group -I wanted to ask those who traveled from other states to NY for surgery with Dr. Su of the best and most convenient places to stay.  It would be so helpful to have a brief rundown from the time one lands at the airport until returning home.  Suggestions for transportation, suggestions to decrease any costs, etc.  I know Dr. Su's site has a list of hotels, etc. but I was wanting to hear others stories on their experience.  How far in advance should one start finalizing accomodations, flights, etc.  It is somewhat overwhelming to travel so far to a place one is not familiar with to have major surgery.  Thanks for any suggestions.
Debbie

EMP

Re: places to stay when traveling to NY for surgery
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 10:02:21 AM »
Debbie -

Hands down stay at the Belaire.  It's connected to the hospital and couldn't be more convenient.  It's $339/night, but there are no state or city taxes because it's a hospital hotel, so at the end of the day it's a good choice. 

Ewald

stevel

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 01:50:42 PM »
Hi Debbie,

Check out "Dr. Su Tips from his patients" on Vicky Marlow's website.  I used frequent flier miles to fly first class, roundtrip from Juneau to Newark, NJ; Carmel car service from Apt to Belaire Guest Facility ($60 flat rate, w/tip), stayed at Belaire Guest Facility pre-op and post-op at $500/nite (double room suite w/handicap access to bathroom - I had company).  The Belaire Guest Facility is linked by sky-bridge to the hospital (HSS) and accommodates patients and guests rather than the general public.  Lot's of restaurants within a couple of blocks.  Also drug stores, cigar shops, newspaper stores, etc.  Many convenient stores surround the area, since the area has a large group of medical facilities and condos (residents).
Steve
LBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 9/29/08 age 55
RBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 11/1/19 age 66
Age 70

littleb

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 10:49:13 PM »
I live on Long Island but when I heard I had to check in at HSS at 6am I realized that the train wouldn't get me in on time so I scrambled to find a hotel. I went with the Belaire as it was right there, no tax and comparitively priced. Most of the hotels on Dr. Su's list are pricey. I only stayed the one night. The Belaire is really beautiful and there is a great deli around the corner.
RBHR
Dr. Su
8/19/10

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat