+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Recumbant Bike  (Read 2660 times)

jgenese

Recumbant Bike
« on: November 08, 2010, 02:26:40 PM »
I had my left BHR surgery Oct 22. just over two weeks ago. How long before I should be able to use my recumbant stationary bike? Is that something I should get cleared by my physician? Also, how aggressive should my outpatient PT be? I don't think I'm doing enough

John C

Re: Recumbant Bike
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 12:54:40 AM »
The key answer is that every doctor has a different protocol regarding these things, and then they each vary it quite a bit for individual cases. These are really questions that you need to ask your surgeon or his nurse, since anyone else's answer may likely not be appropriate for your case. Your doctor's office should be able to give you a very specific rehab time-line that you can follow with confidence for your individual case.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

resurface

Re: Recumbant Bike
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 08:44:38 AM »
Certainly you can't go wrong asking your surgeon... Unfortunately, there is no consistency on post-op protocols and we all enter surgery in different states.  Don't rush is always good advise.  It is a gradual process back.  I was on my stationary bike at 3 weeks for 10 - 20 mins and on the road at 6 weeks.  Everyone is different.  Don't forget to ICE!  As well as REST.  The mental desire to get back is strong.

Good luck...

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat