+-

Advertisements

Return to Surface Hippy Main Website  https://surfacehippy.info

Author Topic: Itchy Incision  (Read 6917 times)

jgenese

Itchy Incision
« on: November 13, 2010, 02:17:29 PM »
Well, it's been three weeks since my LBHR and there is redness around my incision and it itches. I suppose this is normal but just wanted to put it out there to see if this is a normal experience before I call my doctor for nothing.

jgenese

Re: Itchy Incision
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 12:58:50 PM »
Just an update. It's been 4 weeks post op and the rash has spread all the way to my knee and still surrounding the incision site. I've been on antibiotics for a week as well as a steroid cream. Nothing has worked. It seems like it is only where they prepped before the surgery. I am starting oral steroids this morning. Hopefully this works. Has anyone heard of this? ???

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 02:24:05 PM »
My ex developed a form of herpes from his chest incision after his open heart surgery.  Who ever heard of such a thing - but it was from the hospital according to the doctor.  He would get a rash, sometimes even on his head with little blisters.  If you don't get your problem solved, go to a dermatologist.  Hopefully, the steroids will work. 

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

littleb

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 08:17:41 PM »
Is it in the area where the tape was holding down the initial bandage? I had blisters all around a previous surgical site and it turned out I had a severe latex reaction from the bandage tapes.
RBHR
Dr. Su
8/19/10

resurface

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 02:23:08 PM »
I had the same.  The explanation [to me] is that this is healing - blood to the site and the itching is the heaking of the nerve endings that were incised.  For me, it all went away after 6 - 8 weeks. Can't recall exactly, but I have no issues at 6 months post op. As has been said before, call your surgeon if you are concerned or prefer reassurance.  Hey, you paid the guy!  LOL.  Best wishes...

Recent Posts

Re: 27 years old female hip resurfacing surgery by lizardly
July 28, 2020, 09:15:13 PM

Re: Doing Great 2-years Post Op! by suncag
July 26, 2020, 03:30:55 PM

Re: Doing Great 2-years Post Op! by Pat Walter
July 25, 2020, 03:16:08 PM

Doing Great 2-years Post Op! by suncag
July 25, 2020, 02:38:27 PM

Advertisements

HONcode

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

HTML ezBlock

View My Stats