+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Itchy Incision  (Read 7673 times)

jgenese

Itchy Incision
« on: November 13, 2010, 09:17:29 AM »
Well, it's been three weeks since my LBHR and there is redness around my incision and it itches. I suppose this is normal but just wanted to put it out there to see if this is a normal experience before I call my doctor for nothing.

jgenese

Re: Itchy Incision
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 07:58:50 AM »
Just an update. It's been 4 weeks post op and the rash has spread all the way to my knee and still surrounding the incision site. I've been on antibiotics for a week as well as a steroid cream. Nothing has worked. It seems like it is only where they prepped before the surgery. I am starting oral steroids this morning. Hopefully this works. Has anyone heard of this? ???

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 09:24:05 AM »
My ex developed a form of herpes from his chest incision after his open heart surgery.  Who ever heard of such a thing - but it was from the hospital according to the doctor.  He would get a rash, sometimes even on his head with little blisters.  If you don't get your problem solved, go to a dermatologist.  Hopefully, the steroids will work. 

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

littleb

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 03:17:41 PM »
Is it in the area where the tape was holding down the initial bandage? I had blisters all around a previous surgical site and it turned out I had a severe latex reaction from the bandage tapes.
RBHR
Dr. Su
8/19/10

resurface

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 09:23:08 AM »
I had the same.  The explanation [to me] is that this is healing - blood to the site and the itching is the heaking of the nerve endings that were incised.  For me, it all went away after 6 - 8 weeks. Can't recall exactly, but I have no issues at 6 months post op. As has been said before, call your surgeon if you are concerned or prefer reassurance.  Hey, you paid the guy!  LOL.  Best wishes...

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat