+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 year post op  (Read 1488 times)

JohnS

2 year post op
« on: November 19, 2010, 01:05:12 PM »
Like Wayne-O did a couple of days ago, i'm just checking in to report that all is well after two years.  Only two minor items, a little fatigue after I've been on my feet for a long time and occasional cramps way deep in my hip mostly when sitting for a long time.  (So I'm up and down a lot.)
I'd be celebrating by riding my motorcycle, but it's around freezing here and there's snow on the ground.  Not ideal conditions.
Some advice that I'm sure has already been given, but just want to re-iterate.
1.  If you can get our hands (or butt) on a recliner, it is a life saver.
2.  Cut your toe nails the day before you go into surgery.  (That is unless you have your own privite nurse.)
3.  Don't, I repeat, don't cop out of physical therapy.  It may not seem like it's doing a lot, but you'll be glad in the long run.
Stay positive.  This is a life changing surgery.

Best wishes to all of the new Surface Hippys.

JohnS
John S RBHR 11/19/2008 Dr.Palmer, Minnesota

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 2 year post op
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 04:56:59 PM »
Congratulations to you John.  Thanks for the post to tell us all how well you are doing.  Good Luck.  Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

wayne-0

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 05:44:04 PM »
Way to go John. I completly agree with you about PT. It is so important in my belief that is what makes us have a more complete recovery. Keep up the good work.

Wayne
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

toroqu

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 10:40:38 PM »
I am 2 years post op as well. Last November I celebrated my one year BHR by riding the 100 mile Maah Dah Hey trail in North Dakota on my mountain bike in one day.   My hip performed flawlessly. This last summer I competed in the Breck Epic mountain bike stage race which was 240 miles and  40,000 ft. of climbing over 6 days. My hip  felt great.  My Birmingham hip actually felt stronger than my good hip. I met a person at the Breck Epic that had his hip done by Dr. Bose in India back in 2006. This gentleman is the national masters mt. bike champion for his age group (over 50)  and he won this race as well.   Yep, I am quite happy with my hip.     

Luann

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 10:59:43 AM »
Thank you Toroqu and JohnS for sharing with us newer hippies how well you are doing. It is very encouraging and inspiring. I hope to be writing a similar post some day. Six months plus and doing great... Lu
F age 45 right hip C+ Dr.Sparling 6/02/10

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal