+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Put on crutches due to psoas tendonitis  (Read 3000 times)

ReneeP

Put on crutches due to psoas tendonitis
« on: December 08, 2010, 12:21:06 PM »
I am 4 weeks post-op and posted last week that I've been having groin pain, and lower back/glute pain, etc.  After resting, icing and taking anti-inflammatories like it's my job, I went back to the OS today and saw a PA.  She diagnosed psoas tendonitis.  I am now off the cane and on crutches for the next week.  I also will be going to PT 3X week for the next 6 weeks.  I was planning on returning to work on Monday at 5 weeks post-op and she said "absolutely not!"  She wants me out of work for another 3 to 4 weeks.  I'm really bummed about it...I'm out of sick time, bored to tears, and discouraged by this pain.  I did have an x-ray this morning and she said she thinks everything looks good...there is one spot on my x-ray she wants to discuss with the surgeon.  It's just under the ball and she thinks it's nothing but possibly a difference in the angles that the x-rays were taken compared to immediatley post-op.  She doesn't think it's a fracture or anything because I am pain free when I'm passive.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she's right...a fracture is my biggest nightmare.

Bottom line is that she said my part time job for the next several weeks is to go to PT, ice, and stay out of work.  I'm really hoping that a few months down the road I'll be pain free and looking back at this as just another bump in the resurfacing road.

Renee
Renee

Right BHR 11/8/10
revised to THR 12/13/10
Dr. John Keggi

bothdone

Re: Put on crutches due to psoas tendonitis
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 02:54:52 PM »
Hi Renee

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  I hope everything works out well for you over time.

Best wishes

Ed
LBHR 25 May 2004
RBHR 19 March 2008

moe

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 10:41:01 AM »
Renee, try to stay positive, go slow and think for the long term, you are still early in your recovery....

best wishes, moe
Bi-lateral, BHR, Dr Marchand. 7-13-09

sfinrecovery

• Right Hip BHR November 8, 2010
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 06:57:12 PM »
Hi, Renee, six weeks out I am still on two crutches until further notice.  In my case it was not only the Iliopsoas, Rectus Femoris and Piriformis, but also rebuilding bone density.  I took for granted this surgery - it is major and my patience is being challenged, as it is yours.  I see the doctor in early January and hopefully by then I will be able to go into a cane...

Hang in there, from what I have seen in this website, there is hope for recovery, healing and a new lifestyle!

Juan

larry2458

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 08:22:09 AM »
Hi, Renee, six weeks out I am still on two crutches until further notice.  In my case it was not only the Iliopsoas, Rectus Femoris and Piriformis, but also rebuilding bone density.  I took for granted this surgery - it is major and my patience is being challenged, as it is yours.  I see the doctor in early January and hopefully by then I will be able to go into a cane...

Hang in there, from what I have seen in this website, there is hope for recovery, healing and a new lifestyle!

Juan
juan
i agree with your sentiments, its not the cure all i though it was either.i had my op in october 2008 and i've just started again with piriformis problems and also a stinging pain at the side of my left knee which i had before my op that had gone till recently
larry
lbmh 16th october 2008

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM