+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Old pain returning  (Read 1278 times)

Geeod

Old pain returning
« on: December 15, 2010, 04:22:38 PM »
Had a left BHR in October 2009, made a reasonable recovery although seemed to take its time, maybe a result of previous osteotomies on same hip.
After one year things had been feeling so good I tried a couple of short jogs, which felt pretty good I decided to return to 5 aside soccer.
I had read all the surgeons advice regarding returning to contact sports and all appeared positive.
I had played about six games in six weeks and was feeling better and better.
Unfortunately I had a small fall last Friday in a tackle, although I was able to continue and felt ok the next day I have since felt that something has changed. There is a lot more creaking, thigh. knee and hip pain.
I am worried that the femoral component may have moved. It may be too early for an X-ray to determine anything, but has anybody had a similar trauma and recovered without further intervention?
If this all settles down I will give up the contact sport and stick with golf and walking.

obxpelican

Re: Old pain returning
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 04:38:44 PM »
If you are having shooting pains up and down your leg that are related to putting weight and/or having problems when you walk on it it might not be a bad idea to have your surgeon get a look at a new x-ray.

I've read many cases where the pain was soft tissue related that went away in a week or so, I've had 3 big falls on my operated side and not had any problems so far other than being sore as heck for a week or so.

Try ice and ibuprophen (if you're allowed them) and rest for a couple of days, see if that helps.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

fenceman

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 05:39:31 PM »
I had a similar episode at 1 year and 1 month.  I was worried I screwed it up and was preparing myself for the repair surgery when it stop hurting after 2 weeks. 

Most say you are completely healed at 1 year but I notice big improvements at 18 months and kept improving even at my 2 years mark. (I am at 28 months).
L-BHR - Aug 2008 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
R-BHR - Dec 2012 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Euclid Hospital
L-BHR Revision Nov 2017 - Dr. Brooks Euclid

duck4three

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 08:17:56 PM »
Hello Geeod,

I had a similar issue a few weeks back and did just as the others suggested below and it turned out just fine.  I to was a bit concerned, but took some Ibuprophen and rested, did a few ice treatments.  I also have the blessing of my own electro stimulation machine so added that to the mix and i am back to my improving self.  It takes about a week or two to recover from the hard blow but recovery is available.  Oh, i did start with some prayer as i really didn't want to go back under the knife!  All is well now at week three!

All the best,

Big "O"

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat