+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: BHR Pain  (Read 4119 times)

stano

BHR Pain
« on: December 30, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »
16 months ago bhr started running  with doc approval at 11 months, four to five miles 3 to 4 times per week. Somedays no pain, somedays extreme pain on the operated side of the buttocks, have had recent x-rays and a 3 phase bone scan everything is normal. I have tried all types of surfaces; shorter runs, longer runs, all seem to no avail, the pain is at the end of some runs and sometimes at the start and I do mean pain, extreme. When it comes its almost immediate, stop and walk/limp home. Anybody out there experiencing this type of scenario?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:15:38 PM by stano »

einreb

Re: BHR Pain
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 09:19:51 PM »
whats your warm up routine?  cory foulk has a good writup on that.  he argues that you cannot skip it.  its a must to get the joint lubricated and 'floating'.  could also be tendon/rubbing issues?

I'm t minus 6 weeks until surgery.  My last marathon was 2002... if all goes well, I'll be going for a jog 8/16/2011.  Keep posting on your progress good or bad.
40yo at the time of my 2/16/2011 left hip uncemented Biomet resurface with Tri Spike Acetabular cup by Gross

gary2010

• finsbury adept L 10/7/10, R 15/11/18 Jeremy Latham
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 10:08:39 AM »
Hi, I just posted a link to Dr Foulk's article on the 'getting back into running' thread, havent had a chance to try it yet - I'm at 16 weeks, Regards, G.

stano

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 11:23:01 AM »
Thank you very much, just read it, I will try anything at this point, I know that my 30 second warm up might be a bit quick but as you know it seems like an hour when you want to get started with your run.

thanks again

stano

stano

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 12:30:19 AM »
to all,

I went to Dr Gross last week to get the advice of a Doctor that is one of the countrys best, after a MRI and X-Rays he said that my abductor tendon was inflammed, stretch and strengthening was my avenue to
hopefully getting better. 2 years post BHR.  Any out there have the same  ?

stano

Tommy

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 06:48:14 PM »
Yes count me in on this when it flairs up I have to back off the running and work on the abductors, bikeing won't flair them but can't ride when they are acting up. Running about 30 to 50 miles a week but it cuts that in half. Let me know stano what works for you.
                                    Tommy
Dr Tupper  LBHR  6/02/09
Oklahoma
DR Gross Biomet uncemented RHR 5/6/22

stano

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 01:05:52 PM »
Tommey,
What type of exercises work best for the abductor tendon, seems like I am going in circles. Any advise?

stano

Tommy

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 07:35:51 PM »
I started out doing Kettlebell squats that worked really well then ran in to knee trouble so squating got tough so now I do the hip abduction machine at the gym. Right after surgery the PT had me squeeze a pillow between my knees as well as side lying leg raises still do the leg raises. I find PT tough and boring

Tommy
Dr Tupper  LBHR  6/02/09
Oklahoma
DR Gross Biomet uncemented RHR 5/6/22

MattJersey

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2021, 02:27:53 PM »
Hi all, I went through my 6 years about a month ago. Previous running, 2-3 years back didnt seem to affect hip once I'd gotten fit (but did have pain after c. 20 mins for a spell).

However, recently the hip pain after a mile or two miles or sometimes hardly at all has been quite a nuisance.

Can anyone refer me to recent articles or posts on this?

I figure I just need to lose 7lbs, strengthen a bit etc. So I will start on that tomorrow...
28 April 2015, RBHR Mr McMinn

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat