+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pain after resurface  (Read 2376 times)

Gordon

Pain after resurface
« on: December 31, 2010, 04:29:44 PM »
Can anybody help I had resurface op on August this year still have severe pain when I sit then stand the pain is so bad  I cant walk untill the pain goes away I made an appointment to see the Doc six weeks from the op he took blood and told me he thought it was a deep infection and put me on strong antibiotics and was told to come back to see him two weeks later , this time he told me no infection but thought the bone was dead now he tells me no bone dead no infection. Has  anyone had the same problem. 

Dayton96

Re: Pain after resurface
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 06:23:43 PM »
Gordon,

I think it's time to take charge of your health.  That means obtaining digital copies of your x-rays and getting a second opinion.  I'm not sure what state you are in, but please check Pat's list of doctors and pick one who has received good reviews on this site and who is close to you, then go see him/her.  If you are not sure how to do that, then tell us where you are located and we will help you figure out where the closest doctors are.   

If you are not close to any of the doctors on the list, then email your x-rays to one of the top docs, such as Dr. Su, Dr, Bose, or Dr. Gross.   If you don't feel comfortable doing that yourself, then contact Vicky Marlow (her website is http://www.hipresurfacingsite.com/).  She has helped dozens, if not hundreds of patients. 

Finally, if you are outside the U.S., then tell us that too.  There are a number of Canadian, Australian, and Brits who monitor this site and have been willing to offer advice in the past.  Don't give up.  This is a wonderful site to start your journey to recovery. 

Mac
Dr. Gross, Uncemented Biomet, Left, March 2011

Gordon

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 08:32:49 AM »
Thanks Mac for your help i am from Scotland i am 60 years old and was operated in our local hospital called Wishaw General i have an appointment on the 6 th of January with my consultant who carried out the op i will ask him if i can have a digi copy of my x ray and look for a second opinion, after my last check up i got the feeling he wasnt sure what to do he keeps telling me it will be ok but my scar is still purple/red colour and very painfull , it has been long past my op now and i feel i am not getting any better he also informs me i dont need anymore surgery.

Gordon   

Dayton96

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 10:58:02 AM »
Happy New Year Gordon,

I'm a little over my head here when it comes to Scotland.  I have no knowledge of how your national health care system works.  There is a hip resurfacing web site based in the UK.  It is not quite as active as this one or the U.S. Yahoo site, but I think people will respond if you post questions on the site. 

It is:  http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/hipsrus/

Also, you have one of the most respected and admired hip surgeons in the world at the McMinn Centre in Birmingham.  He is Mr. Derek McMinn and his web site is:

http://www.mcminncentre.co.uk/

If i were you, I would still contact Vicky Marlow.  Even though she is based in the U.S., I know she also has contacts in the UK.

Good luck Gordon and best wishes for a healthier new year.

Mac

Gordon

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 11:37:50 AM »
Thanks Mac and a happy New Year to you i will get on to the site in the uk no pain last night i think it was the spirits (wiskey) that worked .

All the best for the new year.

Gordon

Dayton96

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 09:52:10 PM »
Thanks Gordon.  I'm scheduled for surgery in March and there are times when my hip and knee bother the heck out of me.  Since I'm not big on pain killers, I usually rely on a couple fingers of Glenfiddich when I get home. 

Mac

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat