+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: This is getting frustrating...  (Read 1320 times)

FlbrkMike

This is getting frustrating...
« on: January 03, 2011, 10:43:52 PM »
I made the decision in late November to get a BHR on both sides, starting with the left.  Very bad ROM on both sides, but most of the pain is on the left.

I spent a couple of weeks trying to get all of the medical authorization materials together.  I finally completed the bloodwork, chest x-ray, EKG and letter from my primary doc.  After running around the week before Christmas I finally got all that paperwork faxed to the surgeon on 12/23, only to find out that they were closed for the holidays starting that day.  So, after almost two weeks of waiting to get the surgery scheduled (I want to be able to go to Park City in April for my nephew's wedding) I spoke to the surgeon's office this morning. 

They want a copy of the bloodwork results, and "clinic notes" from my latest physical in March.  So, I call my primary's office and they're closed until Wednesday.     :(

I really do appreciate that the surgeon wants to take all resonable precaution, and that things slow down during the holidays, but damn, once you make the decision to go forward with something like this you just want to do it ASAP.  I know that things will work out eventually but I really want to get going. 

Thank you all for the opportunity to vent.

Mike

Dr. Ball
56 years old
LBHR 2/11/11
RBHR 3/11/11

emichel

Re: This is getting frustrating...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 12:36:16 AM »
Hi Mike -- You do have my sympathy, but it could be worse.  I decided to go for it last July, but for various reasons had to wait until after the first of the year - which is finally here!  I have my first surgery scheduled for January 18th, and the waiting has been driving me nuts.  I mean full fledged nervous breakdown.  I'm doing much better now, thanks to a little chemical help, and am so glad it's finally happening.  The holidays are over and everyone is getting back to work, so hopefully your surgery will proceed quickly, too.

-- Eileen

FlbrkMike

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 12:58:01 AM »
Wow Eileen, you must be really excited to have a definite date and be this close.  I hope everything goes smoothly for you

I think I'd be going nuts after six months.  It might not be so bad if I had a date for surgery, even a tentative date, but they won't give me one until all the paperwork is turned in and reviewed.  One strange thing is, it seems like the pain gets worse once you've made the decision to go through with the procedure, probably because you can see relief at the end of the tunnel.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 12:59:28 AM by FlbrkMike »
Dr. Ball
56 years old
LBHR 2/11/11
RBHR 3/11/11

bothdone

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 04:46:56 AM »
Hi Eileen and Mike

I hope both your ops go well.   I can understand how frustrating teh wait must be when you've made the decision and you are ready to go.

Best wishes

Eddie
LBHR 25 May 2004
RBHR 19 March 2008

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat