+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Not again please  (Read 2263 times)

littleb

Not again please
« on: January 21, 2011, 02:24:15 AM »
I went to my back doctor and told him I've started having pain on the other side, the side with my resurf, and after a few twists of each leg decided it must be the hip. I still think it's my back but I have an appointment with Dr. Su on Monday just to be sure. I think I will lose it if I find that I am part of the 1-2% that fail. I'm just at 5 months now.
RBHR
Dr. Su
8/19/10

fenceman

Re: Not again please
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 07:17:48 PM »
I hope that you are not having problems.  I remember a couple of times during recovery that I though I had knocked something loose or damaged my new hip.  Most of the time the pain went away after 3-5 days.  I hope this is the case for you.
L-BHR - Aug 2008 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
R-BHR - Dec 2012 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Euclid Hospital
L-BHR Revision Nov 2017 - Dr. Brooks Euclid

ReneeP

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 10:10:29 PM »
Best of luck...I hope it's nothing serious.

Renee
Renee

Right BHR 11/8/10
revised to THR 12/13/10
Dr. John Keggi

John11

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 05:40:23 AM »
I happened to fall in that 1-2%. To be perfectly candid, the disappointment is far worse than the revision. But life goes on.
John
RBHR 12/3/09
Revision to MOM THR 5/21/10

littleb

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 04:41:33 PM »
I had new xrays and everything mechanical looks good. You can imagine my relief. Both the PA and Dr. Su spent a lot of time with me going over the fall and how my body landed, measurements compared to my 3 month visit (I've lost some ROM I had) and the problems with my back. They think that the joint capsule connections are probably still trying to heal from all the additional stress from the fall when they were still healing from surgery so that is a minor set back. I do have bursitis on both sides so he gave me a cortisone shot on his side (I guess it's up to the back doctor to do the other side?). I have to stay with the cane until the back issue is resolved enough that I won't fall and the capsule gets a little more rest. Once the back doctor clears me again for PT he wants just gentle stretching until I see him again at the end of February. As for the shooting pains down my leg, Dr. Su thinks the back is a player but may not be completely to blame.

Thank you all for your care and input. I know I would have survived if things had gone badly and I needed a revision. I just want my life back with one thing going right at a time. Hip fixed, check, back fixed, check, life back, big check!
RBHR
Dr. Su
8/19/10

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
littleb

Glad to hear you don't need a revision.  Give yourself time to heal. Sounds like Dr. Su is doing a good job in taking care of your problems.  I hope things continue to heal and your back gets better too. 

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

ReneeP

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 11:00:51 PM »
I happened to fall in that 1-2%. To be perfectly candid, the disappointment is far worse than the revision. But life goes on.
Amen to this!  You are absolutely right.

LittleB...I'm really happy to hear all is well with your resurfacing.  That must have been a huge relief!

Renee

Right BHR 11/8/10
Revision to THR 12/13/10
Renee

Right BHR 11/8/10
revised to THR 12/13/10
Dr. John Keggi

obxpelican

• ~Welcome to SixBurgh~
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 12:14:16 AM »
John,

Are you doing better in the pain category now?  I know you had some problems early on with your revision.

Chuck

Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

newdog

• I am a Gross Hippy!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 12:37:48 AM »
littleb,
That is really good news. What a relief it must be.

Steve (newdog)
Steve, Dr. Gross bilateral, uncemented Biomet, January 10 & 12, 2011, Columbia S.C.

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats