+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Scheduled to see Pritchett  (Read 2939 times)

Tin Soldier

Scheduled to see Pritchett
« on: January 21, 2011, 12:54:54 PM »
I'm stoked, so I'm telling you all about the latest on my journey.  I spoke with Dr. Pritchett yesterday for alomst 20 minutes on the phone, as if I were a freakin surgeon.  Yeah there were a few acronyms I didn't get, but I got so much info from him and I just couldn't believe I was talking to him and not his assistant.  I can't even get ahold of my primary's assistant and now here I am on the phone with a world-renowned surgeon, talking about the latest in the industry.  Maybe that's not that big of a deal, but when you see all the great stories about the handful of surgeons in the world, I guess you get a little star-struck. 

So I'm scheduled to see him on Tuesday next week, nice long drive up I-5 leaving at o'dark hundred.  If all works out, I may try to spend Spring Break in rainy Seattle getting a new hip.   Sounds like fun, huh? 

I saw Boyd in Salem a month or so ago and I really liked him too.   I think I may be getting fussy with numbers/volume, though.   I don't want to be that way, but on the other hand a little more fuel and time for another opinion, plus I can see a doc who's had three times as many RS's. 
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
Re: Scheduled to see Pritchett
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 08:33:20 PM »
I would love to hear about your experiences and reasons for your choice.  I am considering both Dr. Boyd and Dr. Pritchett since I am in Salem.  You can send by private message if you would like.
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

roosevelt heights

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 11:36:41 AM »
I am celebrating 1 year bilateral w/ Dr. P. EXCELLENT Doctor...Your approach to him is perfect. Have your questions prepared...post op, if you have none...he is in and out of your room.

edfskins

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 01:42:30 PM »
Four months out with Dr. Pritchett and I'm biking everyday, skiing and snow shoeing up some pretty tough Washington peaks and progressing very well.  Good luck to you and feel free to write me personally if you'd like.  edforssen@charter.net

halfdone

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 07:13:32 AM »
Best wishes for tomorrow! 

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM