+-

Author Topic: Cure for Pain During Running  (Read 2202 times)

gp

Cure for Pain During Running
« on: February 11, 2011, 03:50:03 AM »
Former college miler in the 4:20's. 2 years after BHR still couldn't run past 1 mile without sudden onset of nerve pain in the BHR hip. Extensive testing (CT Scans, MRI's, injections) with no success until finally convincing a BHR surgeon into exploratory surgery. Huge Cyst discovered and removed. Instant cure. No pain in any workout. 2 months after surgery ran a 5K time I hadn't done in 10 years.
* Careful, could be other reasons for the cure, spurs and scar tissue were also removed. And a week after that 5K it went back to its old painful condition. This week had 2nd exploratory surgery and found another huge cyst and removed. Possibly cured again? Will post again if successful. Still investigating the cause for the cysts after BHR. Looking into metal ions.

halfdone

Re: Cure for Pain During Running
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 07:29:41 AM »
Sorry to hear of your problems.  Hope they are now sorted.  Where were the cysts exactly?

Lopsided

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 12:12:10 PM »
I thought cysts were holes. I had one when I have my resurfacing and the surgeon filled it with a bone graft. Not sure how you remove a hole.

Proud To Be Dr. De Smet's First Uncemented Conserve Plus, Left, August 2010

jjmclain

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 12:54:06 PM »
I had too had cysts prior to surgery, including one very large cyst, that my surgeon took care of during the BHR surgery. I assume it was by filling the holes.

His could possibly be bone spurs? Those are more like bumps I think.

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats