+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Nandrolone and synovial fluid  (Read 5486 times)

Dannywayoflife

Nandrolone and synovial fluid
« on: February 15, 2011, 07:54:18 PM »
Hi everyone,
                  Bit of a weird question here. While talking to one of my buddy's at the gym the other day about my OA hip. He suggested that I tried taking a very low dose of nandrolone decanoate as this reportedly increases synovial fluid production and therefore lubes the joint better. Initially I was quite sceptical but after speaking to some other guys who have used this for injury they to have noticed joints to feel better. Having looked on the net I have found forum posts by bodybuilders who also have OA in there joints and they say that it really helps them. What do you guys think?
I don't like the idea of using steroids but am desperate to postpone a resurfacing as long as poss due to my age. Also from the research I have done the dose I would need to use would be very low and within therapeutic levels.
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Lopsided

Re: Nandrolone and synovial fluid
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 09:00:53 PM »
I don't like the idea of using steroids but am desperate to postpone a resurfacing as long as poss due to my age.

No, no, no. You have resurfacing because of your age. It could possibly last you for life, but maybe not if you mess yourself up with (even low doses of) steroids.

Proud To Be Dr. De Smet's First Uncemented Conserve Plus, Left, August 2010

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 11:39:26 PM »
I don't like the idea of using steroids but am desperate to postpone a resurfacing as long as poss due to my age.

No, no, no. You have resurfacing because of your age. It could possibly last you for life, but maybe not if you mess yourself up with (even low doses of) steroids.

At 28 I very much doubt it will last the rest of my life:-(
Train hard fight easy
60mm cup 54mm head
;)

Nemesis

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 12:11:40 AM »
Yes deca can help a great deal. It is not a myth. BUT it is the most suppresive to your natural system than any other steroid. At 28 you are risking a great deal and if you lack the experience of taking such drugs can set yourself up for months of hormonal imbalance. If you were older and on permanent testosterone due to a defececy then I would say go for it as pain and movement would be improved.  But at your age you might be getting yourself another problem. And remember that the deca may work for 4 to 6 months but not forever. 

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 02:53:01 PM »
thanks  for the reply. I am seriously thinking about it as even if it only reduced the pain for 6 months it would be really helpfull!!
Train hard fight easy
60mm cup 54mm head
;)

Tin Soldier

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 04:14:43 PM »
I got a cortizone shot intra joint about 6 months ago and I knew I would be looking at RS in the future.  The cortizone dealt with the pain, that I think was more related to a labral tear than anything else.  I'm not 28, I'm 41 and the decreased ROM is really what made me decide to get the RS.  I thought with a cortizone shot, I'd just keep going for several years and then get a hip.   I just got tired of poor ROM and also the 3 days of hobbling around after any bit of activity.  Not to menton getting everything else out of wack. 

I'm not sure that you'll want to simply continue with meds for the next 10 years?  and then get a hip?  That puts you where I am and I too told the doc straight up, that I didn't think I would only deal with RS once in my life (not counting the other hip).  I'm just not confident that these will last 40 years.  However, even without the long-term studies he was pretty confident that the RS would last 40 years or more.  I'm not sure if that is based on those few guys in England in the 70s, or if it was based on this particular surgeon's 20 yr study.   

Also, I don't know if deca accelerates deterioration of the joint, but you should talk to your doc about that.  There is a possibility that RS would not be viable if there was enough deterioration ethier due to meds or just continued wear.  Something to keep in mind.
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 04:47:56 PM »
Thanks for the input tinsoldier. I my self am waiting for some cortisone shots into the joint. Im hoping that this will help me out. Id love to know what your dr is basing the 0 years on though! thats certanly not a number ive herd. I am finding this real hard as ive gone from being a mega fit athleate to a fat slob in about 6 months! I reallywant to get my life back to normal but life is really complex at the min and ideally i would like to wait a year before having a RS. I thought a real small dose of nandrolone may help with this.
Train hard fight easy
60mm cup 54mm head
;)

Nemesis

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 01:06:54 AM »
Deca will not hurt the joint but the increased activity that will come from decreased pain and range of motion will.  Also cortisone shots can lead to avn avascular necrosis.  Avn can degrade the bone to the point that a resurfacing is not an option. 

If you do decide to try deca find a doctor that will prescribe it. Yes it will be expensive as insurance will not cover it but you know what you are getting and you will be monitored.

Tin Soldier

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 10:14:01 PM »
Danny - Did you look into arthroscopic surgery?  You might send your images to Phillpon in Vale, Co. there are few others I can mention also.   
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 07:04:11 AM »
Hi tinsoldier,
                i had arthroscopy in october. Initially my recovery was really good but now im bad again. The arthroscopy gave me a much better ROM than before but i am in alot of pain while walking and other inpact related activitys. The surgeon said after my surgery that my joint was very warn and alot worse than the mri and xrays had sugested. I am also in the uk unfortunatly. Danny
Train hard fight easy
60mm cup 54mm head
;)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat