+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr. Gross SH only  (Read 1958 times)

Dayton96

Dr. Gross SH only
« on: February 25, 2011, 11:21:23 PM »
OK.  Important question here.  Where would you have your last meal in Columbia, SC?  I'm looking for a typical Columbia restaurant to have my last meal before my March surgery.  My preference would be Italian or sea food. 

Mac 
Dr. Gross, Uncemented Biomet, Left, March 2011

23109VC

Re: Dr. Gross SH only
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 10:33:40 AM »
I ate my last meal charleston, we were visiting a relative who lives there.  We were in downtown Charleston and there looked to be lots of seafood places,there.. It would be about a two hour drive to het there.  We also did sightseeing in charleston,,,went to fort Sumter..

Sean
Dr. Gross- Left Hip - 2/23/11, Right Hip 7/19/23

Dayton96

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 11:27:22 AM »
I'll be arriving in Columbia Monday night.  Have my appointment with Dr. Gross at 11:30 on Tuesday.  So I'm looking for a local restaurant for Tuesday night.  I don't know if I will be able, or feel like, eating out the Friday I get out of the hospital.  Whenever I travel, I like to find good local restaurants and avoid the chains.

Mac

zman

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 07:39:18 PM »
The place to go is Solstice Kitchen on Sparkleberry. DW and I went there in late August the night before my surgery with Dr Gross. I was the last surgery of the day so I did not violate any fasting rules. It is a wonderful restaurant, one of the top spots in Columbia and fairly close to the hospital. Lee Webb had the menu and told to go and enjoy and we did.

Good luck.

Bruce

Anniee

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 08:24:12 PM »
I recommend the Blue Marlin.  Cannot remember the name of the street (I think it's Gervais, but you can find it easily in the phonebook) - the location is good and they have great food!

Good luck with your surgery!
Annie/ Right Uncemented Biomet 4-20-11/Left Uncemented Biomet 10-12-11/Dr. Gross

Dayton96

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 09:11:06 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I bookmarked the Solstice Kitchen and the Blue Marlin.  I think either restaurant would be perfect for a last meal before surgery. 

23109VC

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 01:37:03 PM »
I can't tell you where to eat dinner, but let me suggest a great place for breakfast after you are out of the hospital.... 

Cracker Barrel.  It is right next to the residence inn, which is just across the street from the hospital.  When I was discharged on Friday, I wanted pancakes, and we went there for a late breakfast.  They serve breakfast all day long.  The butter,I'll pancakes were the best pancakes I have ever had.  The staff in there is also super friendly.  They have a little gift shop when you first walk in too...  Kind of like a country store...

Do yourself a favor and try it.it was excellent!
Sean
Dr. Gross- Left Hip - 2/23/11, Right Hip 7/19/23

Dayton96

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 07:44:15 PM »
Thanks Sean.  I'm impressed you were hungry after the beating your body took.  As it would happen, I have reservations at the Residence Inn for the surgery later this month.  I hope I'm ready for a good meal too! 

Mac

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat