+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr Raterman  (Read 3344 times)

jenn

Dr Raterman
« on: March 01, 2011, 08:29:16 PM »
Anyone have any information on or experience with Dr Raterman (Tampa, FL)?

Dayton96

Re: Dr Raterman
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:56:56 PM »
I conducted my search last summer for a surgeon to do my resurface.  I was looking for someone who had done at least 500 HR, who used the posterior approach, and who used the BHR.  One of the surgeons I tried to contact was Dr. Raterman in Tampa.  Even though I live in Ohio, Tampa is an inexpensive, nonstop flight for here and my wife and I have a lot of relatives in the area. 

I contacted Dr. Raterman's office several times and asked if I could arrange a telephone consultation.  I talked to two different people in his office, including one lady who I believe was his scheduler.  Both times I was told that either Dr. Raterman or his PA would call me back.  After several phone calls over a period of several weeks, I never did hear from Dr. Raterman or his PA.  I had asked for an email address so that I could send my x-rays, but they refused to give it to me. 

Now in all fairness, I did manage to contact two of Dr. Raterman's patients through the Yahoo site and through this site.  They were very nice about sharing their experiences with me.  Those two patients emailed me that they were very satisfied with their new hips.  They praised Dr. Raterman as a good surgeon.  They indicated though that Dr. Raterman's staff left something to be desired.  That seemed to be my experience too. 

Mac 
Dr. Gross, Uncemented Biomet, Left, March 2011

Driller58

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 06:52:02 PM »
I just had mine done with Dr Raterman. I don't regret it for a minute. You can email me if you want some more details.

shubhasgirl

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 05:07:06 PM »
Hello Driller58,
I just sent you a message as I'm about to schedule surgery with Dr. Raterman. I'd love it if you could email me (see my private message.) Thanks

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat