+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Era Of The Villa  (Read 8869 times)

Lopsided

Era Of The Villa
« on: March 07, 2011, 09:46:47 AM »
My resurfacing experience was highly enjoyable, mainly because of the friends I made with the other resurfacing patients at Dr. De Smet's villa and the excellent physiotherapy there. It seemed to me that above getting a great device by a top surgeon, the stay at the villa pushed the treatment to the forefront of the resurfacing world.

So I am very sorry at the news that the villa will close.

Dr. De Smet said he will continue to do international patients, and they will stay at the Holiday Inn. I am sure he will continue to give the patients the best treatment.

I do not need my other hip done yet, but I was actually looking forward to returning to the villa.

D.

Proud To Be Dr. De Smet's First Uncemented Conserve Plus, Left, August 2010

Lopsided

Re: Era Of The Villa
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 05:43:36 AM »
In general if no one replies to my posts I am not worried. I though this post would have been saddening for anyone who has had surgery with Dr. De Smet over the passed four years and stayed at his villa.

D.

Proud To Be Dr. De Smet's First Uncemented Conserve Plus, Left, August 2010

sharonToews

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 02:31:38 PM »
I had my left hip resurfaced in May of 2009'....I also am sad to hear that the Villa will no longer be a place where the patients can stay. Thank goodness that Dr.DeSmet will still operate on international patients. He is a very nice person and a great Surgeon.
 Sharon

Luann

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 12:59:08 AM »
Hi Lop, Lu here. Always good to see your posts. I must say, even though I have been following your hip story pretty well for the last year +, I, being here in the states, didn't quite understand the "villa" part of your surgery/recovery experience( I just sat in a hospital for 4 days then went home). Please, if you feel up to it and it is not too redundant, refresh our memories of what exactly it is? Sounds like it was very enjoyable. Hope you are doing well, Luann
F age 45 right hip C+ Dr.Sparling 6/02/10

Bernie

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 08:28:02 AM »
I too will miss the Villa and all the life long friendships I have made in Belgium.  Dr. DeSmet is not only an amazing surgeon but a great person....

Dayton96

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 09:00:30 AM »
Was it just a matter of money?  When I had my surgery last year I was envious of Dr. DeSmet's villa.  I thought it was an excellent idea.

Mac 
Dr. Gross, Uncemented Biomet, Left, March 2011

Bernie

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 09:10:09 AM »
I honestly don't know why they closed the Villa..I figure that was just a luxury and the main thing is the surgeon skills you're getting anyway....

Bernie

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 09:12:39 AM »
Closing of the Villa will not stop me from returning for surgery with Dr. DeSmet, I should say.....

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 10:17:54 PM »
In 2006 I stayed at the Holiday Inn and had a great time with 8 other hippies.  The nurse and PT came to us along with Dr. De Smet.  Sounds like the villa was great, but I only used the Holiday Inn and the pool was closed.  So we just did regular PT.  We all did very well, had no swelling or bruising and all were on only one crutch. It was really nice to be with other surface hippies.

I will have my 6 year anniversary on March 15, 2006.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Bernie

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 08:31:09 PM »
The Villa was certainly a experience I will never forget....it was a perfect place for recooperating before heading the long trip home to PA.  My husband and I will never forget it.  It was one of the best decisions I have made in my life and was well worth the money. 

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat