+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Worried about Joint Infections from constant Sinus Infections  (Read 8680 times)

Lori

Worried about Joint Infections from constant Sinus Infections
« on: December 13, 2007, 04:54:42 PM »
The one thing I remember thinking might be an issue was that I get a lot of sinus infections without many symptoms.  I know Sinus Infections are on the "worry" list but does anyone know how significant this could be?  I'm wondering because I do not want to run to the Dr. every time I think I have a sinus infection, because I would literally be going there almost ever other week.  Are there any signs of a possible joint infection?  This is not something I have seen much on and just wondering how much worrying I have to do over the next many years?  I know if I get antibiotics for a sinus infection, that will take care of any joint infection, but what about untreated sinus infections?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 04:12:28 PM by Pat Walter »

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Worried about Joint Infections from constant Sinus Infections
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 08:34:59 PM »
Hi Lori

From what I have read, and I am not medically trained, most regular infections like sinus, bladder, etc are not likely to affect the new joint.  The largest poetential problems are usually from dental work.

You should really call your doctors office and ask them what they think. Don't sit and keep worring about it.  Have them give you some guidence for your own peace of mind.

Good Luck.

Pat

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat