+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bilateral BHRs still playing soccer 5 years on  (Read 6525 times)

Texans20x

Bilateral BHRs still playing soccer 5 years on
« on: March 16, 2011, 12:39:36 PM »
FYI, I had a bilateral hip resurfacing with Derek McMinn 5 years ago, and am still playing soccer to a reasonable standard.

I've just done a video testimonial for his website at this address:

http://www.mcminncentre.co.uk/video-testimonials.html

Best Regards,
Colin Gittins, 48
Bilateral BHRs, McMinn 2006

Dfalca

Re: Bilateral BHRs still playing soccer 5 years on
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 01:00:38 PM »
Colin
Great story! How are your hips holding up now? I just had my right hip done bhr last month to join my left hip bhr 2 years ago. So maybe the torch of best footballer with bilateral bhr can be passed to me? I am anxious to see how it feels when I get back on the pitch.  Looks like you are out 11 years so I am curious how everything is holding up. I am 45 now and am not too sure how hard I am going to go back to soccer, mainly coed with my wife and enough to keep up with the kids this may sound easy but my wife is much younger and played for the USA women’s team so she takes pride when she beats me. The kids although young have some pretty good soccer genes so it’s just a matter of time before they can beat their old man. (Former pro/college etc)
Since you posted a while ago not sure if you check this site. I did not after my first for 2 years because you know... life and activity. Although I was and am very thankful for this site I was a little selfish in sharing my stories. For that I apologize.  Thanks hippies you have kept me focused and excited to get on with it.
Dave

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat