+-

Advertisements

Return to Surface Hippy Main Website  https://surfacehippy.info

Author Topic: Pilates and Hips update.  (Read 2228 times)

jamie b

Pilates and Hips update.
« on: March 18, 2011, 09:27:02 PM »
Hi all
   I had my first hip done in september 20th, and the second one on january 10th. I am recovering really well now, but i have worked hard at it. I have a problem with a curve in my back, which causes me quite a lot of pain, but i think i am slowly starting to turn the corner. The hips are really strong now, which is great. I go to the pool everyday, and do about forty minutes exercises, i then go to the gym and do about an hour there, including cycling, treadmill, rowing machine and weights.
  I found an excellent physio, who is australian. She said that i have to do Pilates to really build up the core strength in my back, and also the musscles in my legs and pelvis area. Anyway i started last week, my god it is so hard. She explained that i will be really sore afterwards because she is "waking up muscles" that have'nt been used for years. She was right!! My muscles were so sore for two days, i could barely walk. I've had two more sessions since, and i think i am beginning to reap the benefet of it. I still do my pool work, and gym everyday, but i think the Pilates have helped me so much. She says i will need about ten to twelve weeks to get me right. They are hard but i look forward to them now, as i think they will help me achieve my goals, of playing golf, walking, cycling etc.
           James

Lori Cee

• My Bilateral BMHR
Re: Pilates and Hips update.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 02:23:24 AM »
I am a massive advocate of Pilates and know exactly what you mean about the difference that it has made to you.  I haven't gone through the op yet - though my pre-op experience with pilates as part of my 'body management' solution has definitely improved my quality of life.  Add in the hydro (that I've just started over the past few months), an excellent Physio (who thankfully I have had for a long time), the motivation to move forward, and I really think you have the winning combination.

I wish you well on your journey to meet your goals James!  Looking forward to hearing more about your progress as I start my own journey!
Bilateral Birmingham Mid Head Resection (BMHR): 8 April 2011 (Dr Simon Journeaux at Mater Private).
To follow my progress visit my blog: Bilateral Hip Replacement

Recent Posts

Re: 27 years old female hip resurfacing surgery by lizardly
July 28, 2020, 09:15:13 PM

Re: Doing Great 2-years Post Op! by suncag
July 26, 2020, 03:30:55 PM

Re: Doing Great 2-years Post Op! by Pat Walter
July 25, 2020, 03:16:08 PM

Doing Great 2-years Post Op! by suncag
July 25, 2020, 02:38:27 PM

Advertisements

HONcode

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

HTML ezBlock

View My Stats