+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lets update the golf page 4 all U golf nuts (another perspective)  (Read 6015 times)

justinmusic

Fellow golf nuts out there ..... I am a serious golfer who is now 8 weeks out from BHR on the left hip (right handed golfer) which is the critical hip in the golf turn for a right hander. I was driving at 2 weeks (a car that is) and working at 3 weeks, so obviously it has gone quite well, althought the first couple of weeks were not much fun I must say.

I am following my doctor's recommendations regarding golf because I don't want anything going wrong. He said I could chip and putt at around 4 to 5 weeks ( which I did with complete ease) .... then begin slowly with wedges around 9 to 10 weeks working my way through the irons after that to a full swing with the longer clubs at around 12 weeks or so (listening to your body as you go)

This seems to be a good general format to follow for most golfers who want to get back to this game we love with so much passion. I will let you know how it is going in the 12 to 14 week period. I look forward to playing this game again with the ability to make that turn without everything locking up.
See you on the links
Daniel

double trouble

Re: Lets update the golf page 4 all U golf nuts (another perspective)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 07:16:56 PM »
I had Bilateral BHR on 9/28/2010
Was in Florida, at the range and played 3 rounds in mid February 2011.(approx 5 months out)
Swing felt fine, my distance was a little short; was using my back-up set of clubs and with the winter layoff waiting for spring in the Northeast to see how things work out

obxpelican

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 07:25:26 PM »
I was lucky, at around 9 or 10 weeks I played 18 holes, beat my buddies on score, beat them on the longest drive on #18 and I took them for 2 greenies. 

Now I got my right hip down, but you still turn when you swing at the end.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

FlbrkMike

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 07:45:09 PM »
I was a sub 5 handicap 30 years ago, consistent high 70s low 80s playing a couple of times a month 10 years ago.  The past three years I've been reduced to playing 2 or 3 times a year, including our company's annual four man best-ball party. 

I'm really looking forward to getting back into the game this spring and summer.  When I start outpatient PT again in a few weeks I'll ask them to concentrate on this.
Dr. Ball
56 years old
LBHR 2/11/11
RBHR 3/11/11

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat