+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Question ??... does a soft clunky feeling come from soft tissue damage healing ?  (Read 2707 times)

maxi

hey fellow hipsters,

im nearly 7 weeks out form LBHR, and recovering well except for the clunky feeling when doing leg raises and major movements of hip during PT. there is no pain with this at all, just a soft clunky sensation.
my surgeon suggested that it was the  soft tissue healing and stretching...  (i had a long surgery due to wear and tear)  it feels very tight at wound site and deeper inside. surgeon also suggested deep bruising is present and could take a while to heal.

im probably worried about nothing and forgetting my hip has been filleted not long ago .. ;)

has anyone got a similar story or a theory on this ??

cheers    Paul
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:15:12 AM by maxi »
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy cow...what a ride!"

chris finn

I had the exact same feeling...and I was told told the exact same reasons for it by my surgeon  :) I still get it from time to time....I dont think its anything to worry about  :)
BIRMINGHAM RESURFACE, LEFT HIP, 9TH DEC 2010,BY MR A. NORRISH...CONSULTANT-SURGEON, ADDENBROOKE`S HOSPITAL...CAMBRIDGE UK

hernanu

Same experience as Chris and you. I think the stronger your muscles get, the less you get, but I'm still getting it some times after 6 months when I do some of the deeper stretches.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

resurface1

Same experience as the others.  I can't recall when it stopped as I am 9 months post op but for the most part that feeling is gone.  Keep working the rehab...

maxi

Thanks Chris, hernanu, and resurface 1, for your much valued answers ..
put me at ease somewhat ...   ;D
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy cow...what a ride!"

gary2010

• finsbury adept L 10/7/10, R 15/11/18 Jeremy Latham
Muscle planes moving over each other, feels like a rubber band twang to me.

chris finn

feels like a rubber band twang to me.

lol...yeah thats the feeling  ;D ;D
BIRMINGHAM RESURFACE, LEFT HIP, 9TH DEC 2010,BY MR A. NORRISH...CONSULTANT-SURGEON, ADDENBROOKE`S HOSPITAL...CAMBRIDGE UK

FlbrkMike

feels like a rubber band twang to me.

lol...yeah thats the feeling  ;D ;D

Same here.  Kind of disconcerting at first, like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Dr. Ball
56 years old
LBHR 2/11/11
RBHR 3/11/11

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM