+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Nerve Pain, Numbness in Quad  (Read 5213 times)

Cutter3

Nerve Pain, Numbness in Quad
« on: March 29, 2011, 02:53:01 PM »
So I'm a little over 6 months post op (BHR, right hip, 9/21/10), and things are going along alright.   I never had any PT post-op (Dr Klug doesn't typically assign PT), and I haven't really felt like it was necessary.

I live in Northern California, in an area which receives snow - and this year, we've been slammed with it.   Over the last couple months, I've spent a significant amount of time shovelling the stuff or running the snowblower, which has taken a toll on my leg - no excruciating pain or anything, but the joint will ache for a day or so and then return to normal. 

I'm more concerned about the numbness/soreness of my quad.   I know that the numbness could last for the rest of my life, but it seems like after exertion above and beyond normal, day-to-day activity, my quad has a weird combination of numbness and pain.   Is this "normal"?   On the surface, it feels like nerve pain, but if I rub my quad, the muscle is very sore.  This takes a lot longer to recede.

I'm thinking that this is probably normal after a HR (I was told the full recovery period would be between 6-12 months, and I'm just outside 6), but are there any suggestions to manage this (not shovelling/snowblowing is NOT an option...   ;)   ) this?    Would it be appropriate to see about some physical therapy at this point?

Chris

jjmclain

Re: Nerve Pain, Numbness in Quad
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 04:41:54 PM »
I strongly believe in PT to strengthen muscles around the hip joint as well as all those affected in your leg. It really helps

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 03:57:27 PM »
I strongly believe in PT to strengthen muscles around the hip joint as well as all those affected in your leg. It really helps

X2  PT helped big time for me

hipnhop

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 12:00:45 AM »
I just had my 2 week post op and deal with same numbness and tingling. Doc said it was a good sign of healing and nerve repair. alsp dont forget to strengthen hamstrings. Your quads could be over working.
3/2011 and 2/2012 HR Dr. Craig Thomas

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat