+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Cross Country Skiing  (Read 6259 times)

phillwad

Cross Country Skiing
« on: March 31, 2011, 01:45:15 PM »
I have troubled this year with "snow ploughing" to a stop - therefore I was walking down a bunch of hills my kids would zoom by me  :(  So I have my first of two hips done 10 days ago.  Anyone comeback from BHR and done cross country skiing?

Groundhog

Re: Cross Country Skiing
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 10:25:59 AM »
I could have asked exactly the same question! Come on people someone must have an answer.
If no one replies perhaps you and I should swap experiences by PM  phillwad.

John C

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 03:35:23 PM »
I did return to downhill skiing full time at six months. I returned to teaching high level skiing, usually 8 hours a day, seven days a week.
The closest that I get to cross country skiing is skating for about half a mile across the top of the mountain a few times a day to get back to the lodge. I must say that I found this to be one of the more uncomfortable parts of skiing for the first year or so. Where the muscles had been cut during surgery, it was uncomfortable to skate off of that leg. Traditional diagonal stride would have been easy, but skating was challenging. It felt like it was good therapy, with no reason to avoid it; it just involved an area of scar tissue, and muscles that took a year or two to fully heal. At these times I did often wonder if an anterior incision would have been better for this particular activity.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

moe

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 07:22:20 PM »
I xc skied for the first time in 5 years or so this past winter, the snow around here is not reliable. I had no trouble. If you xc skied before you should have no trouble doing it again as long as you are fully healed.

moe
Bi-lateral, BHR, Dr Marchand. 7-13-09

phillwad

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 07:52:31 AM »
Thanks - I will be taking it careful this year but the range of motion exercise and cardo will help the recovery  Phill

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat