+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Does your hip have a name?  (Read 4230 times)

Tin Soldier

Re: Does your hip have a name?
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 01:06:57 AM »
Hey Luann - That's funny about the the trailer hitch.  I made a walking cane with a metal "hip" top and the ball that I used was a hollow steel blacksmithy ball, exactly 2" in diameter.  My BHR is 52 mm (almost exactly 2").  Anyway, everyone who sees the cane asks, "is that a trailer hitch ball?"  It would have been too heavy if it were from a trailer hitch.  The other thing they say about the cane is that I should give it to the doc for the next surgery.  Yeah sure, you want to talk about metallosis with mild steel? I don't think they implanted mild steel even in the dark ages.   
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Luann

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 03:28:24 PM »
Hi TS- Your story is pretty funny, too. I still am amazed when I see the x-ray... that thing is really inside of me???? Modern medicine is wonderful. Hope you are doing well. (Lu  PS. we need to start a hippy picnic/gathering here in Oregon, like the one Vicky is speaking of In SF)
F age 45 right hip C+ Dr.Sparling 6/02/10

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 04:03:21 PM »
@Luann- I am all for a hippy reunion in Oregon.  I won't have my new hip until August though.
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

Tin Soldier

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 12:03:42 AM »
I've got a Boyd hippy on my street and I work with a Boyd hippy.  Probably get more attention on the Portland area, but I agree a hippy gathering here would be cool.

We got a little off topic, sorry folks.
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat