+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Delta Motion Ceramic Hip Hip  (Read 7158 times)

binnybinbin

Delta Motion Ceramic Hip Hip
« on: May 03, 2011, 11:31:39 PM »
I have been very interested in hip resurafcing, but may not be a candidate. I am a very active, athletic 56 year old woman with some osteopenia in my right hip.
The post operative restrictions that Kaiser recommends post THR make me feel that I would have to give up so much of what I currently enjoy, running, kayaking gardening and more.
Dr. Bose has suggested the ceramic large head Delta Motion hip device. I have great respect for DR. Bose's reputation, but this device is so new that I'm a bit nervous.
I think I may want a BMHR if I can't get hip replacement. I don't know how to compare the two.
Does anyone have experience with the Delta Motion device by Finbury?

Thanks!
BinnyBinBIn

gary2010

• finsbury adept L 10/7/10, R 15/11/18 Jeremy Latham
Re: Delta Motion Ceramic Hip Hip
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 09:45:51 AM »
Hello,

I can recommend you to contact Jeremy Latham, who I believe does use the Finsbury ceramic THR. lathamhips@googlemail.com

You might find this interesting as well: http://www.finsbury.org/documents/DMOptech_web.pdf

Why did Dr Bose consider you unsuitable for BMHR? He does handle some pretty complex cases.

Good luck, G.

zendy

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 03:41:27 AM »
i have also been told to get the delta motion hip.  did you get it?   i had resurfacing on my left side and it is fine, but i am told because of osteopenia it would be better to have the delta. 

but i am concerned because it is so new.

gary2010

• finsbury adept L 10/7/10, R 15/11/18 Jeremy Latham
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 01:20:50 PM »
No I've got a finsbury adept resurfacing, there were no complications in my case and it works fine. Again I would urge you to contact Mr Latham, he knows the manufacturer's engineers well. Opinions vary about restrictions with the THR, as with most things they err on the side of caution.

Jeeya

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 09:56:58 PM »
Hello,I am facing the same problem.I have been told by dr Bose to hav delta motion done coz he thinks I am nt a candidate for BHR or BMHR .I hav severe arthritis in my hip due to dysplysia since birth.I am very confused and worried.delta motion seems attractive than MOM transplant but it's zoo much risky to try something so new.anyone has tried it yet.

johnfoakley

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 05:09:47 AM »
Binny,
    There are some similarities in our cases.  I'm an active 56 year old male with avascular necrosis (avn), in my left hip, that rules out a BHR.  In doing my research, I quickly realized that the only real option in the USA was a THR.  This is totally unacceptable to me.  Upon doing a bit more research, I decided to put my hip in the hands of Dr. Bose - I leave for Chennai on 10/11.  As he did with you, Dr. Bose suggested we he would use one of the two devices, BHMR or DeltaMotion, but he appears to me to be leaning towards the DeltaMotion.  I have not pressed him on why he thinks one is more preferable yet, I'm thinking I'll have time to do that in Chennai.  However, like you, I tried to find as much information about both... there is not a lot!  I did run across Gary's post where he mentioned the name of a guy (Jeremy Latham).  Gary has a Finsbury device and suggested that anyone with questions about Deltas contact Jeremy, as he has a close relationship with the engineers at Finsbury.  I took Gary's suggestion and I suggest you take it also.  It turns out that Jeremy is a UK surgeon who has implanted quite a number of these, mostly in women, over the past 2 years with good success.  I found him extremely responsive and as helpful as he could possibly be.  Had I not already scheduled my surgery with Dr. Bose, I probably would have asked him if he would take my case.
    Bottom line, I don't think you (we) can make a bad decision, if we put ourselves in the hands of a world class surgeon, such as Dr. Bose.  And I'm very confident that I'll be better off with either of these devices than I would be with a classic ceramic on poly THR.
    Hope this is of some help, and please feel free to contact me directly at johnfoakley@yahoo.
John

Recent Posts

New to resurfacing wondering about surgeons by smartinny
Yesterday at 02:20:37 AM

Re: 9 years later and I think it's time for my other hip by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:45:07 PM

Re: Need help finding a Surgeon by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:40:18 PM

Re: 3 months post op with MAJOR problems by ahausheer
September 16, 2020, 05:18:14 AM

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal