+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Inside Groin Pain 1 year post op  (Read 3621 times)

midfieldcrisis

Inside Groin Pain 1 year post op
« on: May 04, 2011, 12:17:55 AM »
I'm a one year, post surgery, 58 year old soccer player. I noticed when sprinting a couple of weeks ago in a game that I had a slight tearing pain deep medial groin aductor tendon type pain. I thought nothing of it and played the whole game. It hurt more immediately after the game but went away a few days later. It doesn't hurt at all when i bike but 2 weeks later in another game it started really hurting in the 2nd half and I could run fairly fast but had a pain level of about a 7 or 8. I am definitely pulling a groin muscle and don't know why or what to do.  Can anyone help? Could this be something serious or just that my post surgery therapy was mostly biking and elliptical and little side to side type cutting or aducting. Please chime in, especially if there are any doc's or pt's out there! 

Lopsided

Re: Inside Groin Pain 1 year post op
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 06:24:53 AM »
I am not a doc, or a PT, merely another patient like you.

You are 58, and as you should know, if you play sport, you get injuries. So do not worry about your device, but do realise that you are not young and indestructible any more.

Ice it, then go see your local PT or orthopaedist.

Proud To Be Dr. De Smet's First Uncemented Conserve Plus, Left, August 2010

hernanu

Re: Inside Groin Pain 1 year post op
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 10:47:02 AM »
Like Lopsided, I am not a pro, but have had a lot of muscle related injuries. If most of your recuperation was done with not much side to side, it may be that you have an imbalance and a lot of stress is being put on your groin muscles as you do some pretty aggressive cuts (I play soccer and do martial arts also).

Sounds like a groin pull, but if you want to set your mind at ease, see your doctor and make sure of it. Then do the usual pulled muscle recuperation, which usually for me means stepping back from soccer a bit, and then strengthening those muscles. There are some good exercises for that on this web site.

Good luck, it sounds like a temporary setback (IMO - and my O is not professional  :D )
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat