+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 days post BHR with Dr Snyder  (Read 2429 times)

Robert

2 days post BHR with Dr Snyder
« on: January 02, 2008, 10:14:56 AM »
I'm 47 years old.  I underwent the BHR procedure on December 31st, the 4th of 8 done that day by Dr. Snyder at Newton/Wellesley Hospital.  I recovered and finally got to my room by 5:00.  I couldn't sleep too well overnight but did not experience much pain.  I was discharged at 3:00 yesterday, just 27 1/2 hours after my procedure began.  My wife is a nurse practitioner so I have terrific support.  The other guy in my room experienced much more pain than I did and will spend three nights in the hospital to my one.  I can highly recommend Dr. Snyder as it all went better than I could have hoped.

It was interesting to learn from Dr. Snyder that I don't have arthritis or a congenital condition.  Mine was caused by sports injuries in my past, stressing my hips too hard at probably young an age.  I'll likely need to have my other hip done in the coming years.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 2 days post BHR with Dr Snyder
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 01:03:13 PM »
Hi Robert

Congratulations on your new hip.  I hope your recovery continues to go well for you.

It is always interesting how some people have a great deal of pain post op and others don't.  I guess there is no way to know until you are recovering.

Good Luck and keep in touch.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Robert

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 04:23:14 PM »
Thanks Pat!  I am relieved that my procedure went so smoothly and am surprised at how little pain I'm feeling.  I had a PT guy show up today to assess me and he too expressed surprise at my rapid recovery.  I thought of you and your story when I visited Brussels in October. 

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 01:21:53 PM »
Hi Robert

I hope all is going well for you.

I have your story posted on the website  http://www.surfacehippy.info/hipstories07/robert07.php

Let me know if you have any updates or photos.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat