+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Six weeks mark  (Read 2292 times)

pasinvabch

Six weeks mark
« on: May 09, 2011, 09:36:34 PM »
Today I went for my six week check up and the x-ray looks good. I'm finally off the walker and restrictions. I will be able to go to outpatient pt and pool therapy.
I went to our beautiful oceanfront and walked around for the first time without  the walker. It was sooo liberating!!. I feel a little unsteady but I think it is normal... After all the ups and downs I had it was very emotional. I will be on meds for blood clots for a while as a precaution (6 months), but the legs are feeling good
These 6 weeks have felt more like months. I want to thank everyone for your experiences, stories, information, jokes and all the kind words.
Spin bike, here I come....(well maybe the recumbant bike first yuck)
Piedad

halfdone

Re: Six weeks mark
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 10:22:16 PM »
Excellent! ;D Rock on dude (-tte).  (With apologies to Bill and Ted  :) )
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:23:43 PM by halfdone »

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 01:10:08 AM »
Excellent news!  I hope my recovery goes so smoothly.  I will be itching to get back in the pool and on the bike.

Keep us updated and keep on healing!

Dzn
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

halfdone

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 06:35:52 AM »
Dan, when is your op scheduled? Getting close?

jjmclain

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 07:58:25 AM »
Congrats Piedad!!!! It will only get better from here. Enjoy the beautiful weather!!!

June

ScubaDuck

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 11:38:33 AM »
@halfdone - It is scheduled August 1st.  So I have a long time to get ready, mentally and physically.  I am riding my bike and swimming as much as I can.  I continue to stretch and strengthen.  I figure it will all help in recovery.  Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Dan

hipnhop

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 04:15:26 PM »
Congrats. I am a little over six weeks and I cant believe how great I feel.  It gets better (forget that). It's gets more amazing every week.  Make sure you do your PT. I'm in PT once a week and doing another 3 on my own, in addition to swimming and biking (indoors). I think that is helping me recover.
3/2011 and 2/2012 HR Dr. Craig Thomas

ScubaDuck

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 09:00:52 PM »
Great news HipnHop.  What kinds of things are you doing on your own?  I plan on trying to be as active as possible without straining after my surgery.

Dan

phillwad

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 02:48:15 PM »
There must have been a big bunch of us who had the surgery in late March - congrats on the recovery - Phill

Tin Soldier

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 04:00:21 PM »
Excellent - the 6 week mark was a great spot for me, well actually it was about week later.  I think I plateau'd for a bit just before week 6.  Nonetheless, it just gets better and better.  I'm about 2 months post-op and I really don't think much about it, accept when I'm doing PT.  No pain, ROM is getting better, kinda slow, but that's expected.  Good job Piedad.

Dan - looks like you got scheduled.  I assume that's with Pritchett.  Let me know if you have any questions. 

I just signed the consent to have him cut into my other hip on August 23rd.  Whimper, whimper, I'll be like a dog going to the Vet.  I have to do it, don't really want to, but in the long, I REALLY want to.  My anniversary is the day before surgery, so this time, we will party 2 nights prior to surgery, then hydrate and rest for a day, so the IV nurse can actually get an IV in me.  Don't make the same mistake I did.  Drank a little too much the night before, not a good idea. 
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

ScubaDuck

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 05:08:59 PM »
@Tin Soldier -  Yes, I am scheduled 8/1 with Pritchett.  I have been coming up with some questions, especially specifics regarding the facility and schedule.  Good call on the drinking the night before.  I don't think I would but you never know with the stress as it approaches.  Congratulations on your anniversary.  Btw, you can change your tagline now because you have a schedule for the right hip.

Dan

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat