+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Surgeon in Boston/Southern NH  (Read 4027 times)

sheptr

Surgeon in Boston/Southern NH
« on: May 11, 2011, 02:57:24 AM »
There are no surgeons listed for MA or Southern NH in the Doctor List.  I pulled Dr Daniel Snyder on an internet search and saw a post or two regarding him here.  Can anyone recommend a surgeon or offer any info of experience with a resurfacing surgeon in the Boston/So NH area?  I am searching for my brother who is 40.  He is limping and gimping about, same symptoms I had before Dr. Su fixed me about 18 months ago.
I was able to persuade my brother to at least go to an ortho office, where he was x-rayed, and then assigned a surgeon, and told he was going to be operated on with an anterior approach on a Hana table and would be back to work in a couple days. 
My brother owns a small excavation company and keeps putting off setting a date for surgery, and coming up with excuses as to why he can't get it done at this time, mainly running his business, and can't be laid up.
I am pushing him to sort out someone to cover his business for a couple weeks, and am offering help as well, and trying to get him to book Dr Su.  In the event that doesn't happen, I am trying to find someone up north that has experience and a good track record. Anyone?

Thanks!

Todd
Dr Su 12/31/09 LBHR
LBHR - 12/31/2009 - Dr. Su

moe

Re: Surgeon in Boston/Southern NH
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 01:35:42 PM »
Not in Boston but a bit farther south.

Dr Marchand, South County Hospital, Scortho.com, Wakefield RI

Trained by Dr Su
Bi-lateral, BHR, Dr Marchand. 7-13-09

Arrojo

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 03:10:50 PM »
Dr, Hanmer, who works with Dr. Snyder at Newton-Wellesley has apparently performed 180 of these.  But he is not on the list.
Dr. Su
RBHR 4/9/12

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 04:33:16 PM »
I've had an excellent experience with Dr. Snyder on two surgeries, I recommended him to my brother in law, whose hip was gone too far and had a Corin Mini-hip put in. He is recuperating very well, the usual rehab.

Two posters had bad experiences with Dr. Snyder; mine was great, so I think you have to make up your own mind on him. I found him professional and the entire staff at Newton-Wellesley was very good. Dr. Su or Dr. Marchand also appear to be very good.

Good luck, the important thing is to proceed, since my brother in law waited until heavy dislocation of his hip was happening, it prevented a resurfacing, but at least the mini hip and other like technology is here for those situations.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

jimmoser

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 11:54:56 PM »
i just had a very positive experience with dr. keggi of waterbury, ct.  The surgery was performed in hartford, ct at their new joint center in St. Francis Hospital.  Beautiful place, nothing but good things to say, went home next day.  7 days out, walked without cane today, excellent (amazing actually) abduction and flexion, extension movement.

Dr. Keggi in one of few surgeons who use the Direct Anterior Approach for resurfacing.  Many use such for replacement, but not that many for resurfacing.  NO MUSCLES ARE CUT USING THIS APPROACH, UNLIKE ALL OTHER APPROACHES.  There are no precautions following DAA hip surgery.....   

Lopsided

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 10:32:08 AM »
Dr. Keggi in one of few surgeons who use the Direct Anterior Approach for resurfacing.  Many use such for replacement, but not that many for resurfacing.  NO MUSCLES ARE CUT USING THIS APPROACH, UNLIKE ALL OTHER APPROACHES.

You can't get in and place a device without cutting something. It depends on what you, or your surgeon, consider most important.

Many surgeons believe that preserving the hip capsule is imperative, and that muscle tissue, especially if cut along rather than across, repairs easily.

Proud To Be Dr. De Smet's First Uncemented Conserve Plus, Left, August 2010

jimmoser

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »
Ultimately, all of the approaches work in the hands of a good surgeon.  However, if you are looking to get back to work in a month like I am, I believe the anterior approach is the only way to go, and again primarily because no muslces are cut during the surgery .  Muscles do heal....they just take time which I don't have.   

jjmclain

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 01:01:35 PM »
Many of the hippys on this site were back to work within a couple of weeks with the posterior approach. I only took 7 weeks off because I am a fitness instructor and personal trainer. However, I could have gone back at 4 weeks no problem. Either approach is good and it all depends on the skill of the surgeon.

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats