+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Numbness and tingling  (Read 1917 times)

telemon

Numbness and tingling
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:10:10 PM »
I am 3 weeks post op for hip resurfacing on my right hip. The back of my thigh is numb; almost as if it was "asleep". I am wondering about nerve damage. My doctor says he has seen this before and he expects that it will go away in 6 - 8 weeks. Has anyone else experienced this?

hernanu

Re: Numbness and tingling
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 05:25:50 PM »
The first time I had some numbness in my left thigh, left shin (left hip was done), which went away gradually, some twinges later, but eventually was gone. If I sit in one position too long on the left, I can sometimes feel it now (9 months), but it's in really good shape.

On the right, my thigh was numb in an area about 5 inches by 5, but I remembered my left, so I waited it out. It eventually went away, but started getting numb if I exercised a good amount (long walks...). I now rarely have any numbness there (6 months on the right), that's rounding into good shape also.

So if it doesn't go away, I'd look at it, but initially, your body is reshaping itself. This is all of course with the fact that I'm not a health professional. If you get concerned, I'd see your surgeon - just letting you know that I did have some numbness in both legs, and it went away.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

FlbrkMike

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 05:52:55 PM »
I had a new twinge that happened while I was walking on Saturday, and repeated yesterday.  It started sort of in the middle of my right buttock and shot down to behind my knee.  It felt like a nerve pain, one of those where it almost makes your leg buckle, but it only lasted for a few steps and went away.

Strange.  I'm going to mention it today during my PT session.
Dr. Ball
56 years old
LBHR 2/11/11
RBHR 3/11/11

telemon

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 05:57:47 PM »
Thanks for the response. Time will tell how this works out.

hipnhop

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 04:27:23 PM »
I had numbness and tingling for a few weeks post op. I am almost three months and it is almost gone.  Stay active and it will heal faster. Just make sure you dont over do it.

3/2011 and 2/2012 HR Dr. Craig Thomas

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat