+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Chromium Free Vitamins  (Read 5319 times)

Anniee

Chromium Free Vitamins
« on: June 14, 2011, 08:59:29 PM »
I was instructed to take chromium free multivitamins after my surgery, and to also take vitamin K.  I was able to find some multis that do not include chromium, but I have been unable to find any that are chromium free and include vitamin K.  Also, I have not been able to find vitamin K on its own.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to find these things, I would appreciate them!
Annie/ Right Uncemented Biomet 4-20-11/Left Uncemented Biomet 10-12-11/Dr. Gross

bluedevilsadvocate

Re: Chromium Free Vitamins
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 06:57:37 PM »
Interesting.  I've not heard or read about advice to take chromium-free vitamins.  What is the chromium-free multi that you found, and where?  Maybe you can find vitamin K separately (I've never looked for it), and then use it in conjunction with the chromium-free multi.
LBHR 10-20-2010
Dr. Brooks - Cleveland Clinic
Age 62 at time of surgery

Anniee

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 08:43:16 PM »
The chromium free multi I found was the BiLo store brand, but I have seen others.  Just haven't been able to find any with vitamin K, or vitamin K on its own!
Annie/ Right Uncemented Biomet 4-20-11/Left Uncemented Biomet 10-12-11/Dr. Gross

Josephine18

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 05:22:28 PM »
Although there is no Vitamin K in them and as odd as it may sound, I found Flintstones Complete was one of the few multi-vitamins that does  NOT contain Chromium. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:58:55 AM by Josephine18 »

pasinvabch

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 06:14:04 PM »
Anniee, im not sure about chromium free vitamins but I can tell you that you can get vitamin K consuming leafy green veggies. The reason I know this is because I have to be on coumadin until November(blood thinner) and the doc does not want me to consume these veggies rich in V-K because of the coagulant properties, specially kale, spinach, parsley, swiss chard. Those are the worst for me right now so I do not eat them. I do eat broccoli, green beans and lettuce, even though they also contain vitamin K, but less, and I have to eat the same amount every week or it will interfere with the coumadin.
I never knew I would one day say "I miss my spinach" but I do!  :)
I hope this helps
Piedad

Josephine18

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »
Sorry, I edited my previous post ... Flintstones Complete Multivitamins do NOT contain chromium. Also, Viactiv Calcium supplements contain 40mcg of Vitamin K which is 50% of what is listed as the Daily Value.  Each chew also contains calcium and Vitamin D.  I use these to supplement the Flintstones since I have to take extra calcium per surgeon's orders and the Flintstones do not have enough.

Anniee

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 03:01:28 PM »
Thank you Piedad and Josephine for the information!  I was getting really frustrated trying to come up with the right combination.  All the multivitamin formulas I've found that have vitamin K also include chromium.   I know you can get K from the green leafy veggies, but I'm not sure I'm eating enough.  I'm going for the Flintstones and the Viactiv!   50% of the requirement for K should be enough to supplement the green veggies that I eat, and I too have to supplement with calcium.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat