+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Three year anniversary w/ Dr. Rogerson  (Read 3406 times)

sroberts

• rbhr Dr Rogerson 6/26/08
Three year anniversary w/ Dr. Rogerson
« on: June 26, 2011, 04:12:01 PM »
Hey all,

Just looked at the calendar and realized it's my 3yr anniversary from my right BHR. Glad to report everything is so good I never think about the hip. I'm teaching indoor cycling 5 times/wk, running short distances with the dogs and doing some track and trail running, biking Mt Lemmon and assorted steep, steep hills and time trials. Also coaching at our annual triathlon camps and lifting. As the time goes by the surgery and the pre-op pain all begin to fade. My commitment remains to help those who seek guidance with issues related to recovery and/or infection (a blip on my road to recovery) and exercise/training.

best,

spencer
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:05:44 PM by Pat Walter »

hernanu

Re: Three year anniversary
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 04:19:20 PM »
Thanks for the note, Spencer. Always good to hear from someone who's farther down the path, it's really encouraging to hear.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Big Bill

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 09:07:46 PM »
Spencer...congrats !!!  Mine is coming up reeeaal soon, July 9th...glad to hear your still  kickin'  & takin'  names. :o ...Best Regards, Big Bill...aka, C.A.S.H.   8)

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 09:17:41 PM »
Great milestone Spencer!

Thanks for checking in here from time to time.  I like to hear about the progress especially someone as active as you.

I haven't had my left hip done yet (just over a month to go).  I hope to do some triathlons in my future.  Who know, maybe I will even make to one of your camps.

Go Team Hippy.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

newdog

• I am a Gross Hippy!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 09:56:11 PM »
Good story Spencer! It makes me feel more encouraged about my hippy future. Let's see if we can wear these babies out!
Steve, Dr. Gross bilateral, uncemented Biomet, January 10 & 12, 2011, Columbia S.C.

DirkV

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 01:47:02 AM »
Hi Spencer, Congrats. Glad to hear it keeps getting better and better. My son is going to attend U of A this fall, so I hope we can coordinate another bicycle ascent of Mt Lemmon. I think I'll be in better shape this time - I hope to be able to finish my piece of pie at that restaurant at the top next time - and not feel like throwing up :-) . Any other hippies up for a fun bike ride this fall?

-Dirk
Bilateral 02/08, 03/08, Dr. Ball

sroberts

• rbhr Dr Rogerson 6/26/08
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 09:02:50 AM »
Hey Dirk,

Congrats on your son coming to the UofA. Anytime you want to ride Lemmon, I'm up for it. The pie lady passed away and they are building another restaurant in it's place. There is still food available.
We can even ride up to ski valley (another 1.5 mi up). It'd be fun to get a group of hippies together
for this epic ride. If anyone wants to do it this fall, let me know.

spencer

nekko

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 01:36:41 PM »
Thanks for this positive message, spencer  :)
Conserve+ cemented, May 12-2011, Pr Migaud, CHu Lille

toby

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 05:28:27 PM »
Spencer,
You given some great advice and I've enjoyed reading your posts over the past couple of years since joining.
Congratulations on the 3yr anniversary.
BW
Toby
LHR Adept-Prof Cobb-30-1-10

jjmclain

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 07:29:24 AM »
Congrats Spencer! It sounds like you are doing fantastic! It gives us newer hippies something to aspire to! I would love to attend one of your camps. Please keep us posted on any fall rides/camps you are having.

June

Big Bill

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 09:07:03 AM »
Today is my day...the three year anniversary!!! I am delighted to share that I am very happy with my 3 year "young" resurfacing  :). I now consider this my "other birthday" since the procedure gave me back my active lifestyle. Let the celebration begin   ;D !!!

Big Bill ,  Cormet Anterior Surface Hippy ,  7/9/08     

Lori Cee

• My Bilateral BMHR
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 03:37:01 AM »
Today is my day...the three year anniversary!!! I am delighted to share that I am very happy with my 3 year "young" resurfacing  :). I now consider this my "other birthday" since the procedure gave me back my active lifestyle. Let the celebration begin   ;D !!!

Big Bill ,  Cormet Anterior Surface Hippy ,  7/9/08   

Bill, Happy Belated Birthday wishes :)  This is an awesome idea.  My regular birthday is 3 days before Christmas, so I think it might be a great idea and just celebrate my new birthday, 8 April...  I guess that could end up around Easter but that isn't as hard a time of year to get people together and it wouldn't be an issue every year.
Bilateral Birmingham Mid Head Resection (BMHR): 8 April 2011 (Dr Simon Journeaux at Mater Private).
To follow my progress visit my blog: Bilateral Hip Replacement

hernanu

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 09:30:16 AM »
This is great! I can have three birthdays!!! I think I'll register at hips'r'us  ;D

Seriously Bill, congratulations and I'm happy to see that you're doing well as a Comet anterior hippy. That's exactly what I have / am.  Keep posting, I like to hear glad tidings.

Lori - I'll send a gift  :). It is a cool idea.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:31:51 AM by hernanu »
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Big Bill

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 10:54:43 AM »
Big Bill here ......now about this celebrating the multiple birthdays scenario ....let's do the math....1, my regular birthday.... added  to my "years with new Cormet hip birthday"....wait now, this really sucks....I just turned "60"   :o.....maybe not....can I retire now ???::) ....Social Security?....will the IRS recognize this math??? ...back to the calculator....whatever, I am still a Hippy and I am still Big Bill  8)....L8tr
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:56:33 AM by Big Bill »

Luann

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 08:34:21 PM »
Thank you so much for the update. I think I am more jealous of your living in Tucson(did I get that correct?) than how well your hip is doing. It is my FAVORITE city. I have spent a lot of time there. I cry every time I have to leave. I'll even take the 100+ degree days (just in case you were wondering). I get a sick longing even when I see your pic with the beautiful sunset in the background. I spent 10 of the last months of my life in the constant rain (Portland,OR).
It even rained here yesterday. OK, I know, enough whining. You live in a great place to enjoy an improved hip. Please keep us updated it the future, too!
 Lu
F age 45 right hip C+ Dr.Sparling 6/02/10

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 10:56:43 PM »
Luann-  it seems like there are alot of Hippies in Oregon that are active on this site.  Yes, the weather has been exceptionally rainy this year.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

Luann

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 09:39:52 PM »
Dan- Yeah! It is finally sunny here today!! Me and my new hip can go out and have some summer time fun at last!! (sarcastic quality totally intended!)

Spencer- eat your heart out, it is only 78 degrees. (I had to have SOMETHING over on Tucson)   Lu
F age 45 right hip C+ Dr.Sparling 6/02/10

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal