+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Recommended Surgeons near Albany, NY?  (Read 3350 times)

sdunn4

Recommended Surgeons near Albany, NY?
« on: July 17, 2011, 07:38:54 AM »
I'm new to the forum and I am just starting down that road to surgery.  So far my treatment has included NSAID's, cortisone injections and modification of my activities.  However, the pain in my rt. hip has begun to interrupt sleeping, and walking at work has become painful, with an ever-increasingly-evident limp.  At age 52 and with a very active lifestyle (water and snow skiing, cycling, winter hiking of all 46 high peaks, triathlons), I am very interested in a surgical solution that will allow for a very active lifestyle.  My last set of x-rays shows virtually no cartilage left.  I would like to not spend a lot of time getting in touch with the "right" surgeon; any recommendations on who is the most experienced in the Albany area would be very welcome!
52 YO Rt Hip Biomet Dr. Gross, 10/24/11

lori.36

Re: Recommended Surgeons near Albany, NY?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 11:10:01 AM »
How far is NYC from you?  I would recommend getting in with Dr Su, I hear he is the best in the US and he is in the same state as you.  I know NY is a big state, but I would think his experience would be worth the distance.
Here is a link to his website, you might have to copy and paste.
http://www.hipresurfacingnewyork.com/
Best of luck and schedule now, because he is really booked up.
L-BHR 5-11-2011 Dr Rector
R-HR 9-11-2015 Dr Gross

sdunn4

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion!  I just sent my x-rays and patient forms in to Dr. Su; it is approx. a 4 1/2 hour drive to NYC from where we live in upstate NY.  Dr. Su's support team and he will review my info to see if I would be a good candidate for BHR and then let me know.  I also have an appointment (could not get in until Sept.!) with Dr. Fred Fletcher in Albany.  I have spoken with some of his patients and they are pleased with the results.  Are there any others out there who have had experience (good or bad) with Dr. Fletcher?
52 YO Rt Hip Biomet Dr. Gross, 10/24/11

lori.36

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 11:48:50 AM »
If it makes you feel any better, I traveled 3 1/2 hour to go to my surgeon.  It was not that bad, the only hard part was the ride back home, I was pretty exhausted and no I did not drive.  :)
On my 3 week appointment, I drove myself back to see the surgeon, which was a nice accomplishment.  I get to see the surgeon for a 3 month follow up also.
I think I have heard of Dr Clarke or Klug, cant remember which is in NY, but I would wait for Dr Su if it was me.  I almost used him and I would have flown across the country to do surgery with him.  I was going to rent a house on the cape for a month and just relax.  Aweee that was a nice idea indeed.  Best of luck with your decision.
L-BHR 5-11-2011 Dr Rector
R-HR 9-11-2015 Dr Gross

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat