+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Femoral head fracture causes  (Read 2942 times)

Nemesis

Femoral head fracture causes
« on: July 19, 2011, 05:32:58 PM »
My biggest fear now is a femoral head fracture even though 2 top doctors, one being Dr. Su, said I had good bone quality.  I know that a hard fall, heavy lifting, or AVN can cause a break but this is not always the case.  There have been cases were a break happened and no reason known of. 

It concerns me because unless I push myself with the rehab in stretching and exercises I make no progress as I was of very limited mobility before the operation. 

So what are the thoughts on the femoral head fracture?  Other than heavy lifting and impact exercises are there other definite don'ts?

Neild5

Re: Femoral head fracture causes
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 07:51:35 PM »
From some of the research I have done it looks like another cause is an inexperienced doctor.  If your femur neck is nicked  while shaping the ball it will weaken the bone.  Otherwise the biggest thing to watch out for is the lifting shock and sudden stress.

Neil
50 yo male left Biomet 2/28/11, right BHR 2/20/12

Lopsided

Re: Femoral head fracture causes
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 08:43:43 PM »
It concerns me because unless I push myself with the rehab in stretching and exercises I make no progress as I was of very limited mobility before the operation.

Yes you have to push yourself, but without being reckless.

Do your PT religiously, stretch moderately, and walk and swim endlessly. Your range of movement does come back, continuously and over along period.

Proud To Be Dr. De Smet's First Uncemented Conserve Plus, Left, August 2010

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal