+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr. Lombardi  (Read 1212 times)

gibbcutter

Dr. Lombardi
« on: July 30, 2011, 08:50:49 AM »
Lots of folks here have mentioned their surgeon.  I was fortunate to have Dr. Lombardi implant by BHR.  He was assisted by his able physician's assistant, Oliver.  The surgery was performed at Morristown Hospital in Morristown, New Jersey.  I have been impressed with all of the components of my health care starting with the surgery, and the outstanding care I received in the hospital.

I am on the road to recovery and this Tuesday, I  will celebrate my 4 week anniversary.  I still am having some minor swelling issues and the hip remains sore.  I still use the cane because without it, I exhibit a limp.  Hopefully I will be done with the cane within the next two weeks.

I know that in the NY/NJ/Conn. area the perception is that you need to go to New York City for joint replacements.  I disagree and my experience proves that.  So.....if anyone lives in North Jersey, and is considering a THR or BHR, do not underestimate the large number of outstanding surgeons available at Morristown Hospital including Dr. Paul Lombardi.

maxx6789

Re: Dr. Lombardi
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 11:01:12 AM »
any idea how many resurfacings dr. lombardi has done? or his partner dr. colizza?

did you happen to consider/research dr feldman (englewood)? i have an appointment with him next week. i know one person (male, 50) that has had good results with him.
Left BHR Della Valle, Sept 14, 2011
Right BHR Della Valle, April 4, 2012

gibbcutter

Re: Dr. Lombardi
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 11:36:21 AM »
Dr. Lombardi said that about 10% of his hip surgeries are resurfacing.  I don't think he as done the high amount as others.  I know quite well a salesperson who works for Stryker.  Lombardi does not  use Stryker products.  This salesmen said that Lombardi is considered one of the best joint replacement guys in New Jersey.  A former student of mine is an orthopedic surgeon who also works in NJ.  He has high praise for Lombardi.

I can only speak about my experience and it was positive.  I guess the real proof will be how I am doing at the 6 month mark.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat