+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Triumphant Hip!!  (Read 4898 times)

Luann

Triumphant Hip!!
« on: August 07, 2011, 02:13:37 PM »
Hey you hippies!!

I have to tell you all that we can excell and beat all those "still have the two hips nature gave me" showoffs out there! I am now 14 months out from my right HR (age 45, Dr Sparling, Wright C+) and just yesterday won my 8 month series of cutting show classes. Cutting on horseback is a fast paced, jolting and jarring ride that first involves singling a cow out of a big herd, then playing "keep away" with that cow; chasing it back and forth for a while. You get judged on your riding skills, as well as the horses ability to separate and "hold" that cow.
 My new hip is doing fabulous (yes, I did get my Dr's approval to do this) through all the shows, practice, and training that we do. And for those of you who ride , I am riding a reining horse as well.
 I hope this gives encouragement and inspiration to ALL athletes and active people with (or considering) HR. My old, OA hip was paining me terribly while riding before HR. I have been given back my life and passion!
 Soon I will be wearing a shiney new trophy belt buckle that my cutting horse and I won! I am so excited I will probably wear it to bed! :)
 Thanks as always, Pat, for this wonderful website!!    Sincerely, Luann
F age 45 right hip C+ Dr.Sparling 6/02/10

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
Re: Triumphant Hip!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 09:15:39 PM »
Great news!  Congratulations!

I have watched some cutting competitions and it is indeed jarring to the rider.  The fact that you are able to compete much less win is a testament to the technology.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

Luann

Re: Triumphant Hip!!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 11:13:10 PM »
Thanks so much Dan, I have been reading your posts and it seems you are doing well. Hurray for our OR sunshine!! Life is good. Lu
F age 45 right hip C+ Dr.Sparling 6/02/10

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat