+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Advice on Doctor Selection - Dr. Craig Della Valle (Midwest Orthopedics at Rush)  (Read 5754 times)

GwanJangNimETS

I'm considering Dr. Craig Della Valle (Midwest Orthopedics at Rush – Chicago, IL) for BHR. I’m told that Dr. Della Valle was trained by McMinn and has performed over 200 hip resurfacings. To date, Dr. Della Valle reports only 1 failure, which was a stem fracture. I would appreciate some feedback on whether I should look for someone with more experience. I’m particularly interested in hearing from anyone who has direct experience with Dr. Della Valle.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:16:06 PM by GwanJangNimETS »
RBHR - Dr. Della Valle, 9-30-2011

maxx6789

i had an appointment with dr della valle/mor/rush this june and had a very positive experience. the hospital floor is super well organized (it's color coded) and ran efficiently (i went from xrays to exam room to ct scan and back to exam room and waited less then 5 minutes in each place). the staff was nice and dr della valle seemed confident, willing, and able to answer all questions. i had heard several different people say very good things about him as a surgeon. his total number of resurfacings is not as much as some but he does seem to do enough to stay fresh (as far as i am concerned). after my visit with him was over, he introduced me to a 50+ male patient who was there for his 6 week post-op exam; the patient walked up and down the hall virtually limp free, said he felt great, and gave high praise to dr della valle ... that was enough for me ... my surgery date with him is 9/14 (5 weeks from today, if you were counting). feel free to ask me any question about him you want.
Left BHR Della Valle, Sept 14, 2011
Right BHR Della Valle, April 4, 2012

maxx6789

Left BHR Della Valle, Sept 14, 2011
Right BHR Della Valle, April 4, 2012

GwanJangNimETS

Thanks for the advice, and good luck on 9/14. I would very much appreciate an update post op.
RBHR - Dr. Della Valle, 9-30-2011

Luann

Hi Gwan,

It is a sad fact that in order to get better at something, you must practice on someone or something! However, I would NOT want to be that someone. It may be the Dr you are seeking is very good, I have no idea. But the main emphasis that Pat (website owner) and others who have had HR done give is that you need to chose the most experienced Dr to whom you can reasonably commute !!!  Take this very seriously, it will determine your quality of life from that day forth. Search on this site for a list of Pat's recommendations for chosing a Dr and questions you should ask. Good luck, Lu
F age 45 right hip C+ Dr.Sparling 6/02/10

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal