+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Thank You Pat!  (Read 1590 times)

ohiotim

Thank You Pat!
« on: August 10, 2011, 03:33:29 PM »
This site and forum are wonderful.I don't remember exactly when I found it, maybe summer of 07. I have known since I was 15yrs old, because of SCFE, that sooner or later THR would be in my future. THR as good as it is was still not an appealing prospect to younger and otherwise healthy patients. Then BHR comes along, a godsend for those who are younger, that maybe were holding off because of THR revision complications later. I might have found out about BHR on my own, but this site provides more than just info. It is a support group. Before this site I really felt alone, why me, but after, it was amazing to see how many were in the same situation. This is no longer "an old persons" disease. Just wanted to thankyou for this. Even though my surgeries are finished I know as long as this is here I will always be here, for myself and to help support others.
RBHR 6/22/11 LBHR 8/3/11.DR Sharat Kasuma, Grant Bone & Joint Center, Columbus, Oh.

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
Re: Thank You Pat!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 04:01:12 PM »
ohiotim-

I echo your sentiments exactly.  You had your second surgery two days after my one and hopefully only HR.

I feel the need to pay it forward for others.  Especially considering that there is such a lack of information and misinformation about HR out there.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

Tin Soldier

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 08:09:29 PM »
You guys rock!  I tend to get a little wound up about the fact that it is hard to find detailed medical info and so when you are able to ask questions to people on a forum like this, you learn and gain so much.  The high paid and litigation-scared medical community is going to limit what they say and how much they say.  The surgeons aren't going to tell you first hand how recovery was, or how nervous they were before surgery, or any of that stuff.  The folks here are the ones that can give us that information because they were the ones that went through it.  Again, this is an excellent resource and thanks to Pat for starting it and everyone who has contributed.   
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 10:42:28 PM »
Thank You for your kind words.  Glad the website is helpful.  I had a lot of people help me back in 2005 from the Yahoo surfacehippy discussion group and felt I wanted to help people after my surgery.  The website is really people helping other people now.  I read and monitor posts, but normally all of the current hip resurfacing patients have their surgeries more in their memories than us folk that had it done 6 years ago.  Good Luck to all and Thank You for helping each other.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat