+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: HR surgical fee US; CPT code 27130  (Read 6747 times)

GIBLET88

HR surgical fee US; CPT code 27130
« on: August 19, 2011, 01:51:20 PM »
Please advise what the approximate fee is for the surgical procedure of hip resurfacing in the US.
I am just inquiring about the surgeon's fee only which is CPT code 27130. I live in NY and am considering a procedure with an out of network provider.
I am trying to figure out my out of pocket cost since I know the customary and reasonable fee schedule for my insurance carrier.
Thanks.

Lopsided

Re: HR surgical fee US; CPT code 27130
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:28:42 PM »
Contact the surgeon or the hospital for a quote.

Proud To Be Dr. De Smet's First Uncemented Conserve Plus, Left, August 2010

halfdone

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:49:32 PM »
When I looked into this it varied from $4k to $18k among the surgeons I consulted - surgeon fee only.  For example, Dr. Gross quotes fees of $4.8k, or $6k if you include his assistant, in his global pre-payment option.  (Though possibly not relevant to you, as you probably know, it is incredibly difficult to get accurate quotes/estimates for hospital and associated costs from most providers in the US and usually requires contacting each of the service providers separately.  My all-in estimates varied from $24k to $80k among a selection of reputable HR surgeons.)

Tin Soldier

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 04:18:16 PM »
My doc's fees for the surgery itself was about $5K. 

I left the hospital a day early on the second hip.  I saved insurance a lot of money, I would if they would allow me to not pay the $500 copay they just instated, since I saved them several thousands?  Doubtful. 
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat