+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Tightness in whole right side of my body  (Read 2818 times)

Aerial

Tightness in whole right side of my body
« on: August 23, 2011, 02:48:50 PM »
Since my right hip has gotten quite bad I have had some real tightness in my right shoulder, right hip and down into my right knee. Massage does help this some.  I am quite sure shoulder pain, hip pain and knee pain is from limping and compensating. I think everything on my right side has contracted.  Did anyone else feel "messed up" along the whole right or left side of their body prior to surgery?  How long did it take to work itself out after surgery.  I try to keep active, stretch and get some massage done but I still have some real issues.  I so want my body back right now.  :o.
Right hip resurfacing with Dr. Gross on 12/5/11!

hernanu

Re: Tightness in whole right side of my body
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 03:02:44 PM »
Outside of the hip pain, that was my biggest symptom, the tightness all over. It got so bad that whenever I went to a massage therapist, they would all notice how tight I was no matter how they worked. They also noticed a bad pronation of the feet outwards, etc.  I never really felt relaxed after a massage, since when they stopped on one area to go to another, the first one would tense up. I think it was because of the actual or expected pain, my body was just compensating.

I don't know how quickly the tightness left me after the surgery but it sure felt like it was fast. My muscles were tired after the surgery, but I was sleeping well, no pain in the hip and I think it went quickly. Suffice it to say I have none of that, and even though I go once a month now (it was once a week at one point before the surgeries), I can honestly say that I know that relaxation that people have after a massage now.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Anniee

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 08:44:08 PM »
I don't really feel it in my upper body, but the whole left side of my lower body feels tight and stiff, particularly between the hip and the knee.  I don't remember noticing this problem before I had my right hip done, possibly because the tightness had become my new "normal".  I definitely noticed a much better range of motion on my right side just a few weeks after surgery.
Annie/ Right Uncemented Biomet 4-20-11/Left Uncemented Biomet 10-12-11/Dr. Gross

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 11:04:59 PM »
I had tightness and pain from my foot to my lower back on my left side.  I know it was definitely from changing my gait to avoid or reduce the hip pain.

I can't speak for after surgery yet because I am only three weeks.  But I am getting better every day and haven't had any hip joint pain since the surgery.  So I know I will get my gait corrected and the stiffness and soreness will go away.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat