+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Getting rid of the sticks, full weight bearing, and bi-lateral by Xmas  (Read 1658 times)

mikebaker

Hi all, I had my 6 week appointment today and it went really well. My doc is very happy with the surgery and I am now full weight bearing. I asked about the femoral component and the fact that it was very close to the superior femoral neck and he took me out to look at the x-rays in detail. On this visit he requested a frog leg view of my hip that basically allowed us to see how close the femoral component was and the quality of the bone immediately below the rim of the component and it looked fine. There was a very small area that he said he might have cleaned up due to an osteophyte or similar but nothing to worry about. When pressed he said, sure I would have liked to have the stem more towards the mid-line of the femur and 5 degrees made all the difference with respect to how much valgus the orientation was but he said it was fine and it should work really well for me. He wants to see me at 3 months and we have booked a surgery date of December 6, 2011 to become a bilateral surface hippy!! I am going to have to work really hard over the next 6 weeks to strengthen my surgical side which means lots of walking and swimming. I have a whole bunch of additional exercises to do now and I am going to be fairly conservative in order to protect my hip from the possibility of fracture. I am also going to lose lots of weight in order to be in the best shape possible for the next surgery which will be about 20 weeks after my first. I feel so much better and I know so much more about what to expect going in that at least the mental side will be easier this time. I hope everyone is doing well and I will let you know how it is going. Thanks again for all the support.  ;D
LBHR July 28, 2011
RBHR Dec 6, 2011

jjmclain

Re: Getting rid of the sticks, full weight bearing, and bi-lateral by Xmas
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 07:06:40 AM »
Great news Mike!

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 09:38:56 AM »
It all sounds good, Mike! Love the attitude, keep it up, you'll be done in no time.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

gibbcutter

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 10:09:28 AM »
Congratulations Mike.  Keep up the good work.

newdog

• I am a Gross Hippy!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 09:41:55 PM »
Sounds really good, Mike! Glad it all turned out well.
Steve, Dr. Gross bilateral, uncemented Biomet, January 10 & 12, 2011, Columbia S.C.

Tin Soldier

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 11:43:13 AM »
Good time for a surgery.  Perfect timing to get out and exercise in the spring when your body will be getting strong. Good job.
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal