+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Heat/swelling at incision???  (Read 2021 times)

alpsters

Heat/swelling at incision???
« on: October 11, 2011, 12:45:12 PM »
HI! I've been reading a lot about swelling that remains weeks post-op and seems to be normal. I have swelling still, surgery was July 20, but also the are around the incision feels warm to touch. I notice it all the time, not just post exercise. Is anyone else having this? Maybe it's just part of the healing process and related to the swelling. Otherwise feeling good and keeping up with the program! Thanks for all the posts, I love this site.

obxpelican

Re: Heat/swelling at incision???
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 01:26:45 PM »
Redness, swelling and heat are all signs of an infection, if you suspect it in the least for sure call your doctors office.

I had some swelling but it was all the way up and down my leg.  Is it just around your incision?

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 03:33:19 PM »
I am at about the same point in the healing process.  I have noticed that it always gets warmer around my incision especially after I work out.  I suspect there is more tearing and healing in that area.  That is why I love my ice packs so much.

I haven't noticed swelling as much though.  I agree that if it is red and swollen along with the heat, I would check out if there is some infection.

Best wishes
Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

alpsters

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 01:00:19 AM »
thanks all. yeah obxpelican, the swelling is just around the incision. i don't believe there's any infection though, it's not red or inflamed. seems to be subsiding now albeit slowly.

hipnhop

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 10:14:26 PM »
I think it is always warmer around the incision...and it itches all the time. I think it is our minds playing tricks on us.

3/2011 and 2/2012 HR Dr. Craig Thomas

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat